DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 3104 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Or you can use two H800s in that manner. :D Better Channel Separation, especially for that critical front stage.

Are you saying they are strappable like the last genration PXI-H990 F#1 processor?? If that is the case, I would say we have a winner here!!

·
Registered
675 Posts
A couple questions...

#1 Will the H800 accept an optical input from other Alpine head units like the W505, W200 etc..?

#2 If it will accept the optical in from older HU's I assume that the C801 controller can be used for all functions but will those older HU's be able to control it via ainet and their UI or is the W910 the only HU capable of that?

·
18,542 Posts
10 Band Parametric for Front Rear and Center (vs 5)
5 Band Parametric for Sub (vs 2)
Includes ability for 36dB XO Slopes
-24dB to 0 Level Control (vs -10dB)
Jim, thanks for dropping in.
I have a couple questions as well:
  1. Will the 800 also have graphic eq? If so, can it be used in conjunction with the parametric or will you have to choose one like the 701?
  2. Are the crossover points 1/3 octave or something else? You mentioned pc setup...do we have the luxury to manually type in desired crossover points?
  3. With the parametric, what is the bandwidth (q) adjustable from?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Man I'm stoked! I love my IXA-W407/DHA-S690 and PXA-H701/RUX-C701 setup, but I'll be REALLY happy to have a cleaner processor and still keep my up front controller. :)

Please tell me it has a spectrum analyzer like the C701 does! I mean come on, the Alpine "dancing EQ" is a classic and I would hope they'd continue that tradition.

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,360 Posts
Man I'm stoked! I love my IXA-W407/DHA-S690 and PXA-H701/RUX-C701 setup, but I'll be REALLY happy to have a cleaner processor and still keep my up front controller. :)

Please tell me it has a spectrum analyzer like the C701 does! I mean come on, the Alpine "dancing EQ" is a classic and I would hope they'd continue that tradition.
Does the W407 have an optical out?

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Hi Guys,

A few quick corrections on things.

Fully Manual Tuning built-in ... a la F#1 Status and H701
Dual Optical Input + Ai-Net Input + Ai-Net Aux
Ai-Net Connection to INA-W910 - Preset, Sub Level and Balance/Fader

Tuning is done via the new RUX or the PC Software
Thanks for the update Jim!

Is the Ai-Net compatable with older Alpine units (W505) & is the PC connection USB or serial?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Jim, thanks for dropping in.
I have a couple questions as well:
  1. Will the 800 also have graphic eq? If so, can it be used in conjunction with the parametric or will you have to choose one like the 701?
  2. Are the crossover points 1/3 octave or something else? You mentioned pc setup...do we have the luxury to manually type in desired crossover points?
  3. With the parametric, what is the bandwidth (q) adjustable from?
I would like to know this information as well

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ok, this is the first Alpine product that has piqued my interest in a long time. I also have a few questions--

1)It is still DTS/DD capable, correct? From the logo's on it, it appears so, but I don't see it actually confirmed yet.

2)Optical input, is it still S/Pdif via Toslink, or is it proprietary?

3)Can the PC software do anything but tuning? I.e., can the pc software be used for direct control, or can a plugin be written that allows control via the PC interface. To clarify, I am thinking of we carputer folks who have a permanent PC residing in the install and want to minimize the the amount of controllers and other hardware crammed in our dash.

I for one have my carputer almost completed and was planning on using an older processor for audio duties. I might be swayed toward an Alpine solution if the above are possible/planned. I have been toying with the idea of a H700 and the RS232/AiNet interface that has been developed over at Mp3Car-- current technology and a manufacture supported product would be awesome though.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
To clarify, I am thinking of we carputer folks who have a permanent PC residing in the install and want to minimize the the amount of controllers and other hardware crammed in our dash.

I for one have my carputer almost completed and was planning on using an older processor for audio duties.
Why not use a Bit One?

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
from what I understand from speaking to Jim yesterday, here are the differences

imprint ability with target curves adjustable
better s/n
must use the rux controller for full functionality regardless of deck
2 optical inputs
eq and peq cannot be used simultaneously just like the 701

:)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Subscribed for updates... gonna have to start pinching pennies now...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Spoke with a tech at Alpine this AM. As already posted, to control the unit the C800 will have to be employed. As to whether or not it has standard optical digital connections was unknown.

·
Registered
106 Posts
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's 3,000 words about the new processor. Straight off of the wall at CES. :D

And to the poster who asked, no, the IXA-W407 does not have a digital output. :mad:

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Why? BB are not the best, it maybe, but depending on the cost, cirucit design....
No doubt that Alpine F#1, Pioneer ODR uses BB's DAC, but recent DSP/Hu start using other brands like Bit1 using Wolfson's Codec.
Maybe Alpine latest using WM8740 or 8741?
The built in DSP are more important, because data go thru it first before reaches DACs... Using Sharc would be great.....

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad::mad::mad::mad:

thanks for the info tho.

Is volume controlled just like on the H-700? Where you set the Head unit volume and then use the RUX to control it? but really you can just turn up the volume on the RUX and use the head unit volume anyways?
lol, and you were the one telling us that there wouldn't be any replacement for the H701 since Japan doesn't have anything... pfff... :rolleyes:
Just kidding... subscribed

Kelvin

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
[*]Will the 800 also have graphic eq? If so, can it be used in conjunction with the parametric or will you have to choose one like the 701?

[*]With the parametric, what is the bandwidth (q) adjustable from?
[/LIST]
Part of your questions.

165 band graphic EQ or 55 band parametric.

If this is per channel, that would be pretty damn good, eh?

81 - 100 of 3104 Posts