DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 3092 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have tested the noise problem described here.

I do have some extra sounds when I do the following:
Switching on the G-EQ, and playing Emma track 22 20-80Hz.
On the right speakers a whistling, weezing sound is heard, and when the testtone hits 30?Hz it changes to crisping.
When the tone is even higher (35Hz?) is it completely gone.
With the EQ set to OFF or set to P-EQ I don't have any issues.

I have bought my processor through the normal channels in The Netherlands.
Maybe because we have left-hand-drive cars, or maybe because it only occurs under certain circumstances, I didn't notice this before.

For me this is no ground to send the unit back. I have the processor almost 8 weeks in my car and the only thing I notice is the great improvement in sound quality overall.
When someone hears these sounds with normal use / listening I can understand that they would want to return the unit.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
My unit came with 2 discs, one with software and the other with 1 (or was it 2) audio tracks. The audio disc is used only if you connect to an OEM-system and want to calibrate it's frequency response to flat. Both discs looked like they were factory packed, so it's very weird that some units don't have them.
Any chance someone could up this somewhere where those of us without could download them? It would be much appreciated!:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
On tokospeaker.com they state they are closed 14-30 june and opens again on july 1st.

Hope that's all that is about not getting back to you so it's not any serious.
Toko speaker.com is on Summer Holiday. I chat with him before he left last week..

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
An initial report on my unit. This is in a totally new install on a 2011 Infiniti M56X. I'm using the bose head unit which does DVDA. I'm also using JL Audio amps and Morel speakers. So far this thing sounds wonderful. I need to do a lot more tuning, but so far I like the sound. The menu is pretty confusing, many menu items are similar, and you basically need to memorize where things are as it isn't intuitive. One big thing I don't like is that the presets do not allow you to change input modes. So far I have to go into the input mode, and switch between 2 channel input and 5.1 channel inputs, which require a power cycle to do. Can't change while you're driving. I have yet to hear the noise that others are bothered with. I just haven't heard it yet, maybe it's there. So far, it isn't such that I'd live without it for repair, I hope it can be fixed via software update.
I'm pretty happy with the surround processing modes on the unit. Both Dolby II and Euphony are interesting. I don't like that Euphony seems to spread center material like vocals to all channels, I prefer the Dolby where they are centered up front.

I still need the audio setup CD that DID NOT come with the unit. Sure would be thankful to someone for posting it!

·
Registered
360 Posts
An initial report on my unit. This is in a totally new install on a 2011 Infiniti M56X. I'm using the bose head unit which does DVDA. I'm also using JL Audio amps and Morel speakers. So far this thing sounds wonderful. I need to do a lot more tuning, but so far I like the sound. The menu is pretty confusing, many menu items are similar, and you basically need to memorize where things are as it isn't intuitive. One big thing I don't like is that the presets do not allow you to change input modes. So far I have to go into the input mode, and switch between 2 channel input and 5.1 channel inputs, which require a power cycle to do. Can't change while you're driving. I have yet to hear the noise that others are bothered with. I just haven't heard it yet, maybe it's there. So far, it isn't such that I'd live without it for repair, I hope it can be fixed via software update.
I'm pretty happy with the surround processing modes on the unit. Both Dolby II and Euphony are interesting. I don't like that Euphony seems to spread center material like vocals to all channels, I prefer the Dolby where they are centered up front.

I still need the audio setup CD that DID NOT come with the unit. Sure would be thankful to someone for posting it!
Out of curiosity where did you purchase your unit from?

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Thanks so much for the setup disc. I don't understand why they didn't put that on the other disc. I did buy it from Tokospeaker. I'll check for the sound, probably this weekend when I have more time for testing. Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I posted again to the German Alpine Extranet message board and few hours later my message (quoted below) was deleted. Of course still no reply to the actual problem, but at least someone is reading the message board...

"No reply from Alpine and my local importer/dealer is also clueless and just tells me to reset the unit. But that does not help.
I thought Alpine was a reputable manufacturer that would at least answer. But no, Alpine seems to have gone into hiding mode in all forums and forms. So no one should buy an Alpine PXA-H800 since it's pure luck if you happen get a 100% working one. I'll try to get my money back and never buy another Alpine unit again!"

·
18,358 Posts
I'll try to get my money back and never buy another Alpine unit again!"
[/I]
this is pretty much the route I'm going. I won't say I won't try the h800 again but it certainly won't be for a while. Wonder if I should do my review now? It'd be easy and quick to write up the following:

"Well, this unit is great... when it doesn't make buzzing fly noises... which is all the time... so this unit by default just sucks".

Yep. Still bitter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yep. the rpm88. a lot of money, but you can find decent deals on them now and again. when you figure up the amount some of us have spent to have this sent to us, then sent back, the Rane isn't too far off...

just sayin'. ;)
I can get some information about a seller you purchased it?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I can't help but wonder whether it was better in the older days, with no internet, no company reps and no sneak previews.

At least then we didn't have to anticipate for new products to become available, and when they finally did but were bugged, we never knew. :D

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
But people's expections, marketing gimmick, getting back market share will prevent this from happening.... Sad but true....
Sometimes even a particular brand intentionly "leak" it out just to create huhas.....
Anyway, I got a friend's friend install H800 on authorised audio shop which don't have any problem....
Is H800 not for DIYers? I don't know....

1001 - 1020 of 3092 Posts