DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

161 - 180 of 3092 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
keep in mind according to alpine, you will need the rux controller for full functionality regardless of deck with the H800 processor

·
18,390 Posts
keep in mind according to alpine, you will need the rux controller for full functionality regardless of deck with the H800 processor
Right, but as was stated earlier, this is the same story for the h700/701. However, the only benefit is you get auto t/a. So, I think it depends on what you do/don't get with the controller that will determine if someone wants to buy it, too, or not.

Of course, it's really nice to have the controller (c701), regardless if you have an ai-net headunit or not. I'm sure this will be the same story.

Until we hear back from Alpine or get further specs... it's a guess.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You also get full function from PC hook up, so if you have headunit you dont need the RUX. Bye the way H800 will also work with W505 for anybody that has one.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Some good points have been made. It would be cool to keep the factory headunit and do an analog in to the processor, so long as the factory HU would allow me to keep volume control and everything from the HU. Then I could decide if I wanted to pick up the controller to tune on the go, or just stick with a PC tune. I could also do a separate IN from an iPod, etc. What would be REALLY cool is if manufacturers start allowing "PC tuning" to be done from an Android tablet, iPad, or other device. Then you can use the tablet as your only source with full control of the processor right from the dash. Stream Pandora, your iTunes, etc. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
You also get full function from PC hook up, so if you have headunit you dont need the RUX. Bye the way H800 will also work with W505 for anybody that has one.
FULL function = volume + sub + source control????

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Let me translate Pankrok's question for you guys, since I was at his home the other day and we were discussing this.

"Will the W505 be able to control the volume, sub level and source selection on the H800, without the RUX controller?"

·
Registered
193 Posts
KustomKarAudio is an Alpine dealer, I believe, so I'm thinking if he says the h800 works with the w505, then at least all basic features will work (minus perhaps auto-TA, like with the H701, as bikinpunk points out). I don't think anyone has identified anything other than auto-TA that having the RUX is required to perform. Is this right?

It also might be that when using an an older touchscreen HU, perhaps some of the newer H800 features won't be available without the RUX? RoadNoiseEQ, for example?

I have a question, as I've never used one of the touchscreen Alpines before (though, I would like to)... is the software that makes it possible to use an IVA or INA Alpine headunit with the H701 reside in the headunit, itself, or in the H701? Seems like it would likely be in the head unit. If this is so, then it would appear that the latest w910 would likely be the only HU to, by itself, be capable of controlling most, if not all, of the H800 features (particularly the newer ones like maybe even additional PEQ points)? Anyone want to take a guess at this given how the w200, w205 and w505 operate with the H701?

BTW, KustomKarAudio... your like-name shop here in Boulder appears to have bit the dust - tried to stop by the other day and could not find the place; again, I think it tanked. :( Did you, or any of your shop guys, go to CES?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yeah we were at CES , actually a great show and I turned 40 while in Vegas.. The features that are accesible from the headunit was limited intentionally. There is still a good amount of people that want a good sounding car, but don't want to tweak it, and a few retailers that don't want customers messing with the settings . You are correct, the software does reside in the deck to run the proc. The W505 was unique in the fact that it was last deck that will control the H701, and would also control the new little h100 proc . So it has the correct control software. So regardless of headunit you will need a RUX or PC hook up to access full function ( imprint , road eq, TA, and advanced crossover , and system configuration ) And yes the W505 will control volume balance, fade, sub level,and source, but remember those are sources that are input into the headunit ( aux in, sat radio, etc. ) BTW if any body wants to run the dvd changer (dha 690 ? ) snatch one up because they are discoed. Yeah I did not hear about the other Kustom Kar in boulder going out , sad , maybe a sign of the times.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
^^^Hey pankrok, I see you have a CX-7, any interest in some a pillars that are built to house a Hybrid L3 and L1 tweet in them? They are just sitting in a box in my garage and I'd like to get them out of the way and recoupe some of the funds spent on them. Sorry to be off topic.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was at a shop new years weekend and was told that optical out of the 910 would send iPod signal into the h800. Does anyone know if this is true? I thought I had read that some head units only send CD audio through optical. Dont know if that research is correct though. I'm a newbie and sometime all this information is a bit overwhelming.

·
Registered
483 Posts
iPod audio is sent via Optical to the DACs in the H800. I'm checking to see if HD Radio would be as well ... not that it matters as much, but it'd be neat if it did.

Jim

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Hi Jim, thanks for your input. While you're at it, could you please ask the same (iPod signal through digital) about the W505+H701? I know it's not supposed to, but it'd be good to hear it from an Alpine representative. :)

161 - 180 of 3092 Posts