DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,
im in a search for the Alpine PXA-H900 software, but cant find it anywhere,

is it really better controlling the processor than the remote ?

also, i would be thankfull if anyone could send me the software,

please PM me with info how to get it

thank you very much!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Katsooba,

I do have the PXA-H900 software and please your email address to [email protected] for it to be sent to you (it only 2M+ bytes size).

BTW, can you check and advise the connection of the 9 pin COM cable to see the point-to-point details as I need one and plan to DIY it if I cannot get it soon .... not sure if it is a standard RS232 connection.

Any source/recommendation for the microphone would also be appreciated.

Regards,

Richard Loh
Singapore

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Hi Katsooba, I've been trying to email to you from several accounts and it doesn't let me because it's a .exe file.
I've zipped it and still nothing.

Jorge

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Hi Katsooba,
BTW, can you check and advise the connection of the 9 pin COM cable to see the point-to-point details as I need one and plan to DIY it if I cannot get it soon .... not sure if it is a standard RS232 connection.

Any source/recommendation for the microphone would also be appreciated.

Regards,

Richard Loh
Singapore
I use a regular RS232 to USB cable.
You can get the H990 microphone from pacparts for around $30.

Jorge

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Doitor,

Believe you can just change the file ext to PXA-H900.doc instead and katsooba can change it back to PXA-H900.exe after successful download.

BTW, can you also advise if the tuning cable is standard RS232 connection on both sides per below link or some customised connections:

RS232 serial cable pinout information

Thanks and regards,

Richard
Singapore

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Jorge/Doitor,

Thanks for the info.

Guess you type much faster than me and missed your earlier good advice.

BTW, can you also advise the following since I just took back my car with a NOS H900 installed:

- any use of the individual Q setting at each freq as reportedly only via the PC (my installer does not do so but he is the arguably the best in Singapore)
- can individual channel phase be changed via the PC ? ... my installer found that adjustment via remote changes the phase in pairs but had some problem link problem with the H900 serial port with standard RS232 cable connected to the laptop

Thanks.

Richard
Singapore

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
- any use of the individual Q setting at each freq as reportedly only via the PC (my installer does not do so but he is the arguably the best in Singapore)
You can only use either the graphic or parametric but not both.
I only use the graphic EQ and have never used the parametric.

- can individual channel phase be changed via the PC ? ... my installer found that adjustment via remote changes the phase in pairs but had some problem link problem with the H900 serial port with standard RS232 cable connected to the laptop
Yes. You get independet phase AND independent EQ with the laptop.

Jorge.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Jorge,

Thanks! Loving the H900 now after previously using the H700 and same other equipment ... several notches up and as said, my installer is one of the best if not the best in Singapore. Myself, in engineering field, with BSc Hon (Physics) but failed miserably when I tried tuning via RTA software via laptop .... no fundamental knowledge and lack of experience !! No other choice but to rely on installer (and spend big $).

Richard

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
doitor , thanks for trying!
ive been trying to check on the BH forum if i got my mail address wrong but i guess that its out of function right now, funny :D

ill pm you again here on diy

just wanted to thank everyone for the fast turnout with this software,
i just couldnt find it anywhere

thanks for the help and info!

Eli.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Hi

I might venture back to the h900. My plan was to upgrade to the 9990/h990, but the 7909j juba caught my eye and I figured I'll use my ppi deq 230 / pmq 210 and a psc for analog time alignment. However the h900 is pure sex in looks. Too bad the yen just climbed again (**** me) cause I found a bunch for sale in japan, but with the exchange right now not even worth it.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Just sent the software.
I had to "rar" it and had no problems sending it.
Hope it works.

Jorge.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Jorge, Eli & All,

Bought myself a USB to Serial cable and had the driver installed successfully but default port is COM9.

Launched the software and note that only COM1 and COM4 is selectable with COM2 and COM3 greyed out. Selecting either COM1 and COM4 ended with "PC Control Fail".

Tried next to force USB-Serial under Device manager to either COM1 and COM4 which was successful at both instances but still received "PC Control Failed" when I selected corresponding COM1 or COM4 with the software

At all times, I had the memory switch pushed left to "unlock" on the H900 and also rebooted after each forced COM port assignment but to no avail. The msg of "Port Close" also stayed throughout.

One thing I did not do is to register but instead when straight to "System Setup" .... should this matter?

An account of how to get this PC Control successful would be most appreciated and any suggestion most welcomed.

Thanks and regards,

Richard

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I also had a lot of "fun" to get it working at first.
Actually I couldn't make it work with my laptop (Windows XP) and had to use Foosman's computer (Windows Vista).
I also had to reassign the COM ports.

Jorge.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Jorge,

Thanks for the good hints which I will continue to work on. At the least, I am comforted that it may not be due to outright damaged port or mulfunction of the PXA-H900 that I have.

Aside to All,
-----------
Any other recommendations and experience would be most appreciated. Regards,

Thanks and regards,

Richard

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Just for "fun", use the analog inputs (RCA's) and tell me if you can hear a difference.
I've heard from several car audio gurus that the RCA's on the H900 are the way to go.
I've been testing a lot of HU's with the H900 all via analog.
Remember to turn the switch on the memory lock on the H900 to the "off" position.
The computer program won't know where it is set and you might loose all your work.
Also save the tunes to you computer just in case.

Jorge.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your further advice.

Unfortunately, I am not savvy enough with car installation to try other headunit with RCA inputs and the installation is quite elaborate which prevent access to the processors and cabling.

For a start, I will work on getting the software working first over this weekend ....

Aside to All,
-----------
Anyone else on successfully getting the software to work?? Please share. Regards,

Cheers,

Richard

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Jorge,

Thanks to Katsooba, software now works from my laptop also from windows XP ... hurray !!

This was the provided instruction and after reboot and launch of PXA-H900 software, just select COM1 and the port opens:

Go to the device manager, take any COM port.
Go to Properties->Port Settings->Advanced.
Select one of the "in use" ports and dismiss the
warning. Repeat this for all "in use" ports.
Afterwards they are free to use again.

Aside to Katsooba,
-----------------
Thanks for the guidance. Regards,

Regards,

Richard

PS: Not sure how my laptop reacts back at office but guess there is also MIS dept that can help from there ............

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.