DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello I just purchased the Alpine pxe-0850s, I was thinking of using my passive crossovers that came with my Blam Signature series S165.80 so I would be able to use each set on one channel each, on channels 1&2 off my Jl Audio 700/5v2 that way I can still use the other 2 channels 3&4 for the rear speakers in my car, for rear fill.
Channel 5&6 used for Jl Audio 10tw3.

Then be able to use my dsp Alpine pxe-0850s to control my system.

Is this Possible? Is it a good idea?

I think I would lose my ability to control the tweeters seperate from the mids ?

Or can I use the amp built in the Alpine to power my rear speakers, with high lvl out puts?

Or use my head unit to power rear speakers?

I know this is alot but just trying to see whats possible.

·
Premium Member
9,006 Posts
Hello I just purchased the Alpine pxe-0850s, I was thinking of using my passive crossovers that came with my Blam Signature series S165.80 so I would be able to use each set on one channel each, on channels 1&2 off my Jl Audio 700/5v2 that way I can still use the other 2 channels 3&4 for the rear speakers in my car, for rear fill.
Channel 5&6 used for Jl Audio 10tw3.

Then be able to use my dsp Alpine pxe-0850s to control my system.

Is this Possible? Is it a good idea?
It is possible. It is a decent idea, but not the best idea. imho

I think I would lose my ability to control the tweeters seperate from the mids ?
Correct.

Or can I use the amp built in the Alpine to power my rear speakers, with high lvl out puts?
Yes. That is what I would do.

Or use my head unit to power rear speakers?
No. Use the Alpine's amp.

I know this is alot but just trying to see whats possible.
Not really a lot. Simple answer is to power your Blam components and JL subwoofer actively off of the 700/5 and power the rear fill off of the Alpine DSP amp. All of the processing will be handled by the Alpine.

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
Rton20s' advice is good. Run the front components active, you want independent control over the mids and tweets. The front stage is FAR more important than anything the rear speakers can contribute, so don't waste the active capabilities of your DSP by keeping the passive crossovers.

I'm one of the members most opposed to rear speakers on this forum. I don't like them at all, but if you are going to run them, make sure to dial in the front first, with the rears completely off. Then you can bring the rears in to give you the effect you want. They should be attenuated quite a bit compared to the front, so you don't need much power, use the DSP for them, and save the amp channels for the front.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies , I will take the advice. My rear speakers will be low low volume.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts