DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently installing the Imprint PXE-H660 into my car and can't seem to find any useful instructions or even a comprehensible explanation as to what the LED is for. Furthermore, why is its cord shorter than the one for the IR sensor? I was going to install them side by side and now I can't, unless I extend the wires. Do I even need to install it at all? From what I can tell, all it does is tell you that the processor is "on", but I would think that the music playing would give me a pretty good idea about that. So, what's the deal? Extend the wires or chuck it in my tool box?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Read "Setup Procedures" on page 13 of the instructions. The led is used during setup to tell you the status of the processor which you can't see because you are outside the vehicle at this stage of setup.

PREPARE vehicle for calibration-
Make sure the MultEQ LED and microphone are connected. The MultEQ LED illuminates
a steady Green when LED and Microphone are properly connected.
The microphone should be placed in position 1 as shown in the diagram above.
The MultEQ LED blinks once per second during normal operation. If there is an error
it will blink rapidly. When the PXE-H660 is busy it will go solid. The MultEQ LED
will not light up if the PXE-H660 is off or in a normal run mode.
Keep the MIC and LED togtether, in a safe place for the next time you need to calibrate the processor.

I'm about to install mine as well, but since I choose to totally strip the enterior and start from metal with sound deadening and total speaker replacement first I am at the stage of building my amp rack, which has been a design challange from the begining. I went all POLK and even with the factory headunit and amp the car already sounds better then I had thought was possible. Can't wait to dump the 2 JL 400/4's and the Alpine h660 in there. I've made sure to design a little extra room in the rack to fit a MS-8 just incase the H660 does not fit my taste, but since I use the same tech in my home theator, I can't see it not being more then enough processing to get the job done.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I guess I missed that. I suppose I might as well keep it separate and just plug it in while tuning then like you suggested. My car is stripped for deadening and wiring too. Unfortunately my MLV won't be here until Monday, so I have to temporarily put the car back together to drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts