DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
18,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alpine/Scanspeak d2904 tweeters w/mounting hardware & Vifa baby ring radiator tweets

Product Brand & Model:
Alpine SPX-F17 Tweeters (aka: Scanspeak d2904 made for Alpine)
  • Fs=750hz
  • Qts=
  • Sensitivity= 90.5dB @ 2.83v/1m
  • Depth= 35.7mm/1.405”
  • Cut-out diameter= 40.8mm / 1.606”
and

Vifa OT19NC00-04 3/4" Fabric Dome Tweeter
These are essentially flangeless xt19 tweeters, it seems. Not much larger than a quarter.

Condition of all items:
Alpine Tweeters: Used. 7/10 aesthetically but still work.

Vifa Tweeters: Brand new. Never seen power.

Total Price: :
Alpine Tweeters, mounting cups, and hardware: $180 shipped, CONUS, Paypal included.

Vifa Tweeters: $30 shipped.

Shipping Terms: :
USPS.

Pictures:
Scan/Alpine:

Mounting hardware:

Vifa tweeters:

Additional info:
The alpine tweeters are very highly sought after because they are no longer made. They were part of the SPX-F17 component set and are considered Scanspeak d2904/60000 tweeters, in a smaller housing. To my ears they sound just as good which is saying a lot considering the scans are still highly praised as some of the best tweeters made.

I used them in my previous install and loved them. They're little tanks. Great response as low as 2.5khz/24dB.
Selling because I have 2 more pair and don't really need this set.
They come with mounting cups and hardware.

The vifa tweeters are brand new. Was going to use them as a play project. Never did. Forgot I had them until I dug up the alpines.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Re: Alpine/Scanspeak d2904 tweeters w/mounting hardware & Vifa baby ring radiator twe

nice....those are my favorite Alpine compact tweeters :)

I have always thought about putting those Vifa OT tweeters in a waveguide for a home system....similar to Genelac monitors

Good luck on the sale buddy!

·
18,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Alpine/Scanspeak d2904 tweeters w/mounting hardware & Vifa baby ring radiator twe

Thanks, Mark. :)

Yep, the little vifas are interesting for sure. The compact size makes it easy to pair them with a midrange on the dash. That's actually why I bought them but never even used them to test.

·
Registered
244 Posts

So you never even tried the Vifa's?

Very interesting tweet. I may be interested.

·
18,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Not once. They haven't even been swept. Bought them along with the dome version and wound up using the dome version because of the off-axis install.

·
Registered
243 Posts

Still have the Vifa tweets?

·
18,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
$150 shipped for the alpine's. Given the condition, that's probably more reasonable. The hardware alone is never posted for sale here or anywhere else I've seen.

Also, if anyone is interested, I've got a spare set of the Alpines BNIB. PM if you want a price. Going to be a bit more $$$, obviously. Not listed it yet.

Pics of the BNIB set.

·
18,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

closing thread.

Alpine tweeters sold.

Starting new thread with BNIB alpine tweeters and Vifas instead of trying to edit this one.

- Erin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.