DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't had a chance to hear the Type-X from Alpine. How would you rate these as far as SQ goes. I know the Type-R is more for SPL and I had heard that the Type-X was catered more towards SQ. Is this true? Also, the Type-X is possibly going to be competing with the Image Dynamics IDQv3 for my new system. I will be getting two 10' subs and putting them in a sealed enclosure powered by a 1200x1 monoblock. Any opinions on which would be the better pick?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
the type x does have a smoother or more dry sound compared to the r. Most guys on the street like the r because it is cheaper and gets louder ported. I also think this it has as much to do with the box as the sub. Most people that use Type R subs usually have them in large ported boxes, where the type x I usually see it in smaller sealed. I have not like the type x subs that I have heard.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the type x does have a smoother or more dry sound compared to the r. Most guys on the street like the r because it is cheaper and gets louder ported. I also think this it has as much to do with the box as the sub. Most people that use Type R subs usually have them in large ported boxes, where the type x I usually see it in smaller sealed. I have not like the type x subs that I have heard.
Why did you not like the type x's?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts