DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to run this Head Unit with my new leviathan. I don't have component speakers yet. I want to run it to my Two Way JBL Speakers, (Bass and treble in one speaker).

I can quiet figure out the settings on the Alpine
we have Treble frequency starting at 10khz 12.5 16khz
and bass frequency 60hz 80hz 100hz

then there is the cuts for treble/bass at 60hz/80/100hz

then we have lots of controls on the leviathan, I can quiet get this amp to sound right. My ears are hurting after a while, without loud volume. The bass is either too quick.

I was able to configure previous amp PA-2004 and sounded quiet good, expect its power draw was really high, thats the reason for replacement.

Can anyone advice me whats the best way to get this config to sound good.

Front Channels are going via rca leviathan channel 1,2 input
Back Channels are going via reca leviathan channel 3.4 input

I am hoping of adding my Alpine Typer R sub to chanel 5,6

Thank you

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
set everything on the alpine flat and go from there. the levi has lots of controls for crossover options. if you have coax speakers, then the only thing you should need is a high pass. either use the high pass in the alpine for 60/80 or 100 hz. or use the one in the levi. that is it. nothing else to mess with. you can adjust your alpine for bass and treble to taste.

if your speakers are fatiguing, then either replace em or turn em down, lol. I have no idea what "bass is too quick" means.

·
Registered
898 Posts
since running components you don't need any crossover slops or any attenuation since it is already done by them unless you really don't like them

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ATM I have cheap COX Speakers. The BASS is too weak, I tried all the settings for a few hours last, and either get the treble and mids sounding to high almost like a high pinch screaming going into my ears. I am planning over the next two months to get much better Hertz speakers, but right now tight on cash. And would like to these speakers sounding good with current amp. I know they can sound decent for my ears, because previous config was identical expect change amp.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
unfortunately, this is ussualy the case with cheaper coaxs. the midbass is just not there. you get what you pay for, old saying, still applies ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
unfortunately, this is ussualy the case with cheaper coaxs. the midbass is just not there. you get what you pay for, old saying, still applies ;)
With previous AMP they sounded pretty damn good. only draw back the amp was using lots of power and killing the alternator.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
how much power? the levi is 150 watts per channel. if you cant make em sound good on that, they must be pigs for power, lol.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how much power? the levi is 150 watts per channel. if you cant make em sound good on that, they must be pigs for power, lol.
Haha the levi is too good for these speakers. previous amp was 100Watt per channel. I lowered the level on this amp not to blow the speakers. I just can't get the High Pass on amp and treble/bass config on the head unit right. What would you consider flat setting on the head unit.

Treble can be set to 10khz lowest and 18khz, bass 60hz and 100hz highest

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
hard to say. but if you have no boost or cut on those freqs then the center makes little difference. on mine I have it set for 80hz and 10khz. I have bass boosted to about 6 and treble to about 3. but I dont have any amps yet. just deck power. once I get amplifiers, it will be 0, 0 and I will let the DSP do all EQ work.

I would set the high pass to 60 hz for starters. if that is too low for the speakers to handle then move it up to 80.

·
Registered
18 Posts
On the alpine hu, go into audio settings and set defeat to on. All bass/treble/media expander settings will be disabled and your audio signal to your amp will be flat.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hard to say. but if you have no boost or cut on those freqs then the center makes little difference. on mine I have it set for 80hz and 10khz. I have bass boosted to about 6 and treble to about 3. but I dont have any amps yet. just deck power. once I get amplifiers, it will be 0, 0 and I will let the DSP do all EQ work.

I would set the high pass to 60 hz for starters. if that is too low for the speakers to handle then move it up to 80.
I will give it a shot. Ill set the Hu to your recommendation and then set the levi.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
on the levi there are 3 button/switches for filters. I would set them all to "flat" let the HU do the highpass.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ive tried setting amp to your amp advice flat, and allow head unit to do the work. And also turned off the head unit controls and allow amp to do the high pass. Still can't get it to sound right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts