DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying some aluminum tweeter pods from ebay, from a seller named "valicar-stuttgart" that is located in Germany. Anyone deal with this seller?

They have an ebay store with multiple pods available for various drivers - including pods for 3-way systems. I am providing measurements for tweeters that are not in their inventory, and they are charging the same price as their other ones.

Here is a sample pic from their listing:

The body looks like it can be rotated to assist with aiming.

I was thinking of just using Velcro on the bottom of the base to fix the housing to the OEM tweeter grill.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I am buying some aluminum tweeter pods from ebay, from a seller named "valicar-stuttgart" that is located in Germany. Anyone deal with this seller?

They have an ebay store with multiple pods available for various drivers - including pods for 3-way systems. I am providing measurements for tweeters that are not in their inventory, and they are charging the same price as their other ones.

Here is a sample pic from their listing:

View attachment 288802

The body looks like it can be rotated to assist with aiming.

I was thinking of just using Velcro on the bottom of the base to fix the housing to the OEM tweeter grill.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Many guys on here have or have had those pods... They are very well made and heavy duty. I have some on order right now, my second pair from him.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I bought a set, they’re pretty nicely made but the owner was kinda hard to deal with. Shipping was slow, he shipped batches of product over and asked his US customers to reship to the individual customers. He was trying to save shipping costs. Pretty sketchy in my opinion..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a set, they’re pretty nicely made but the owner was kinda hard to deal with. Shipping was slow, he shipped batches of product over and asked his US customers to reship to the individual customers. He was trying to save shipping costs. Pretty sketchy in my opinion..
Nice!

·
Registered
2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab sport
726 Posts
I’ve got them for my Utopia tweeters and they’re perfectly fabricated and very well built... highly recommend them if you’re going with pods. I got the ones that swivel for the extra $30 too and it’s money well spent for those who aren’t comfortable fabricating pillars

·
Registered
2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab sport
726 Posts
Nah if they want it bad enough to break in and they’re anywhere they’ll get them regardless if bolted or taped down to the dash is what my thoughts were too. I am glad I don’t have to worrry with that where I am from

Reactions: MythosDreamLab

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm currently awaiting my Valicar pods, for Hertz ML280.3 tweeters. I bought them directly from Valicar's website. I will say that I ordered them about a month ago, and I still haven't received them. I know it is a pain shipping them from Germany, though. So just be sure to allocate a lot of time.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I personally have no problem with the guy batching the items together and having someone in the USA ship them out. I probably would do the same thing. International shipping is insane and there is nothing illegal about it, if he did not do that the shipping would be $60 per set of pods and the price would be reflected as a price increase. Anyways there is a pretty bad language barrier but I’ve ordered multiple sets from this guy. Only thing you want to watch out for the one you posted pictures of are supposed to be glued in (no setscrew you could use butyl rubber or something similar if you would like to remove them) The ones with no setscrew make for a smaller mounting flange and more slim down look. I’m running moral CCWR254 mid range in mine because anything larger in the pods starts to look ridiculously huge. Tweeters are ok because they are smaller. I just put a small piece of Velcro behind mine and set them on my dash mat so I didn’t have to make any holes. Also that first picture was during the summer wildfires here in Oregon if you’re wondering why they sky looks like an apocalypse LOL.

9D4FFCF6-3696-4858-88F5-BA44B4196A20.jpeg 08C788A8-D2E7-4D09-AA02-AF91836AB9DB.jpeg

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm currently awaiting my Valicar pods, for Hertz ML280.3 tweeters. I bought them directly from Valicar's website. I will say that I ordered them about a month ago, and I still haven't received them. I know it is a pain shipping them from Germany, though. So just be sure to allocate a lot of time.
I ordered multiple sets (during COVID) and it took about a month to the Pacific Northwest USA. One pair was painted and one pair was anodized which was odd, but they were both excellent quality.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I ordered multiple sets (during COVID) and it took about a month to the Pacific Northwest USA. One pair was painted and one pair was anodized which was odd, but they were both excellent quality.
Cool. Got any pics of the painted versus anodized? I just specified black 🤔

I do love German build quality.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Cool. Got any pics of the painted versus anodized? I just specified black 🤔

I do love German build quality.
the ones I just posted are painted. Kind of satin (in between Matte and gloss) and the top original post is anodized. The anodized is a lot nicer, but only when you’re looking very close right next to each other.

I’m plotting out custom pillars right now but it gets the job done for the time being. Drastically nicer than some kind of plastic pod or something like that... they are definitely CNC’d out of a solid block of aluminum.

·
Registered
144 Posts
the ones I just posted are painted. Kind of satin (in between Matte and gloss) and the top original post is anodized. The anodized is a lot nicer, but only when you’re looking very close right next to each other.

I’m plotting out custom pillars right now but it gets the job done for the time being. Drastically nicer than some kind of plastic pod or something like that... they are definitely CNC’d out of a solid block of aluminum.
Cool. I probably prefer anodized...but we'll see what we get. I'm sure I'll be satisfied, as will be OP.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I bought esotar pods from him. Other than the slow production and shipping time due to bundling orders. He was trying to get me to pay more in shipping than I already paid to get them sooner.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all of the replies.

Thanks also for the feedback on the shipping, as I was curious about the big difference in timing. I paid extra for the faster shipping - supposed to take 5-7 days to fabricate, and another 5-7 to deliver.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts