DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am trying to model a 4th order bandpass enclosure for a I8SW. I am using WinISD and I believe I have developed an enclosure that gives a good rance of sound. However I am not really sure what I am doing and what result I am looking for. I am posting some screenshots and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Gain.jpg

phaseplot.jpg

SPL.jpg

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The FR looks good. You want to avoid an extreme "saddleback" type curve (too much dip between the peaks. HArd to read the plots because of the small print but if it covers the freq range you want then you should be close. I would check excursion at the power you will be feeding it to finalize the design. If you are getting overexcursion at some points you might want to move the tuning freqs around.

One thing to remember, a ported box is very sensitive to volume discrepancies in the build. A bandpass is even more sensitive. additionally, you may need to adjust port tuning once you place it in the car.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
hard to see where your -3db points are on that plot. but as long as it doesnt start going down at 50hz or something ridiculously high, that plot looks pretty good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts