DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 BMW M550i
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into BT streaming for my Helix Ultra. Anyone have a real-life comp of these? I've got Iphone. Thx

·
Registered
404 Posts
Well no actual experience with either but as the Helix is designed to go inside its processor you won't need additional power-ground-turn on-interconnects etc. Whereas the Mosconi is stand alone to any amp needing all of the above. Just for packaging sake I'd go with the Helix unit. Especially since you already have the processor. But the Mosconi is capable to be used with anything in the future if you choose to change down the line.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2019 BMW M550i
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your input. I don't mind the extra install of the Mosconi if it'll sound better. I think my iphone is going to be the weak link though, so it may not make a difference.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
BT hec is good... never used the Mosconi, but if you want quality bt is not going to be particularly good either way, it’s limited by the iphones codec...

even if it was android aptx hd isn’t even actual cd quality... and the apple codec isn’t anywhere near that...

use a usb device like the topping D10s for ultimate quality and SQ via optical

·
Premium Member
2019 BMW M550i
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On paper, it makes sense to use a usb device. The D10 would be my choice. Guess I’ll have to try them both to find out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts