DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to most likely go with a HAT Legatia 2 way active setup if I can manage to fit the woofer. If it is too difficult I may go with the Hertz Milles. I know what HAT specs say, but I want to hear people experiences, because having more headroom isn't bad if it's clean power.

I plan to power the L6SE with 175rms from my Zapco, but I want to know what will be best for the L1 Pro R2? 25, 50, 70, 100, 110rms? I'm mainly looking at Zapco and Arc Audio stuff. And maybe the Soundstream Ref. as it's dampening factor is like 3000! And I have heard good things. Anyways, thoughts for power on the HAT stuff? thanks!

·
Registered
844 Posts
I've only ever given mine 25 watts each and have been quite happy with that. 50w or so would probably match fine with 175w to your midbass though.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I do 220 to each tweet and woofer off my Zed with exact drivers.

Based off the specs, l6se wants 200 and the tweets wants 125. You give it this, they will do what they are supposed to do to its maximum potential. Of course more is better but this is what they want 24/7 to operate 100%.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've only ever given mine 25 watts each and have been quite happy with that. 50w or so would probably match fine with 175w to your midbass though.
hmm. thanks for the info

I do 220 to each tweet and woofer off my Zed with exact drivers.

Based off the specs, l6se wants 200 and the tweets wants 125. You give it this, they will do what they are supposed to do to its maximum potential. Of course more is better but this is what they want 24/7 to operate 100%.

good info. So 100 to 110 will be awesome?lol. I am mainly thinking of using a Zapco Ref. 350.2 (100rms) for the tweeters, just because the performance for the price. But the dampening factor is around 200 whereas, the Soundstream Ref. is 3000! And I heard good things about it. Or i'll get a Arc Audio SE 2075 if I find a good price on it.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Damp fact has nothing to do with quality.

100 for the tweets is plenty and do everything you want it to do. The rating I gave are PEAK not RMS. So you're golden.

How many channel's are you looking for on an amp and do you need a subwoofer amp as well?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damp fact has nothing to do with quality.

100 for the tweets is plenty and do everything you want it to do. The rating I gave are PEAK not RMS. So you're golden.

How many channel's are you looking for on an amp and do you need a subwoofer amp as well?
Yeah I know, but it's still pretty impressive and the new Soundstreams are suppose to be sweet. Didn't realize you meant peak W.

I just need a nice two channel for the tweeters. But you are saying 100wRMS running active is fine for them?

My sub stuff is all squared away. I have a ported box that was custom built and tuned for an IDMAX12, which is sealed into the cabin via skipass. Powered this with a KS 1000.1 Just wanted to redo my front stage, hoping with the Legatias if they fit.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Nice two channels are hard to come by but they are out there.

100RMS is PLENTY. You can even run 50 RMS without issue. Higher frequencies need less power to play them. Lower needs more. Why tweeters are rated so low. I just have more power to FULLY get them going and I have it available:D.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice two channels are hard to come by but they are out there.

100RMS is PLENTY. You can even run 50 RMS without issue. Higher frequencies need less power to play them. Lower needs more. Why tweeters are rated so low. I just have more power to FULLY get them going and I have it available:D.
Gotcha. Thanks! I am mainly looking at the Zapco ref. 350.2(100rms), and Arc Audio 125.2 mini(75rms) I guess. If I find a good deal, I'd really love a Arc Audo SE 2075(100rms) or Zapco Competition C2K-3.0X(70rms) or C2K-2.0X(50rms).

·
Registered
898 Posts
Arc Audio 125.2 mini

that is PERFECT for your tweeters. You don't need anything more. Also class H is a A/B with more efficiency.

"G and H are even more efficient than the D amps because they modulate the rail voltage making it "infinitely variable." The D amps are on and off devices. They are sometimes referred to as "switching amps." The G and H amps vary the voltage as the input signal rises and falls in level." copied from a forum. ONLY downfall is cost but you already know that :D.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Arc Audio 125.2 mini

that is PERFECT for your tweeters. You don't need anything more. Also class H is a A/B with more efficiency.

"G and H are even more efficient than the D amps because they modulate the rail voltage making it "infinitely variable." The D amps are on and off devices. They are sometimes referred to as "switching amps." The G and H amps vary the voltage as the input signal rises and falls in level." copied from a forum. ONLY downfall is cost but you already know that :D.
yeah. I found a couple used ones under $200. So I am going to try to jump on them. I have two other Arc KS now and I really like them.

BTW... how do you like your HAT setup?!? I still haven't heard them, but am going to a shop monday. I heard the Hertz Mille MLK2 and really liked them, but they also weren't perfect. Seemed to have the potential to lack mid-bass. My front stage now is pretty nice, but I feel I can do better. Thus wanting the best components! lol. I have older Diamond Audio HEX 600s running passive and CDT M6 midbass/bass woofers running active. It sounds good, but I dunno. I am cursed with a very good ear and it just isn't to that top level. Hoping the new front stage will put me there.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Arc Audio 125.2 mini

Your charging system won't see a difference between a class A/B, D, H, G or any kind really if you're powering tweeters...

Kelvin

·
Registered
898 Posts
^ That is true sub but just letting him know what he is getting is a very good quality amp.

My setup is like the Gods are singing to me. absolutely perfect. I tend to cross my tweets low and that has ALWAYS bin better. I cross them around 2.7k-3.2k. This tends to be the sweet spot. The midbass is different. Its the type that melts into your music (this is how it is supposed to sound). So if you have a sub, don't worry about it as this is just a bonus :D.

Next make 100% sure your door is SEALED and won't vibrate. These mids will go BONKERS on you.

ABOVE ALL, make sure your install is SPOTLESS! This is how they will sound the best. I tend to have the left tweeter slightly off axis while the other is directly at my ear. My tweets are mounted on the dash. I can post some pics if you want.

gl! Let me know how it goes!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ That is true sub but just letting him know what he is getting is a very good quality amp.

My setup is like the Gods are singing to me. absolutely perfect. I tend to cross my tweets low and that has ALWAYS bin better. I cross them around 2.7k-3.2k. This tends to be the sweet spot. The midbass is different. Its the type that melts into your music (this is how it is supposed to sound). So if you have a sub, don't worry about it as this is just a bonus :D.

Next make 100% sure your door is SEALED and won't vibrate. These mids will go BONKERS on you.

ABOVE ALL, make sure your install is SPOTLESS! This is how they will sound the best. I tend to have the left tweeter slightly off axis while the other is directly at my ear. My tweets are mounted on the dash. I can post some pics if you want.

gl! Let me know how it goes!

cool thanks. Hoping to get the L6s to fit with my current setup.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The quality of the power is more important. Iv had them on 23w each from a genesis b40 and it sounded amazing.
Currently mine are getting 70w or 50 at 12v. L6se on 240w.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got the l1 pro r2 tweeters and the legatia L6SE and I have a T1000-4 amplifier and will be sending the first two chanels to the component set and I also bought the L2x crossover. Can each set handle 390 rms with the crossover or will I blow them up. I can just turn down my gains if they can't handle the power.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
I just got the l1 pro r2 tweeters and the legatia L6SE and I have a T1000-4 amplifier and will be sending the first two chanels to the component set and I also bought the L2x crossover. Can each set handle 390 rms with the crossover or will I blow them up. I can just turn down my gains if they can't handle the power.
Answer in the manual...

Kelvin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts