DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I was wiring up a new amp from skar audio. It’s a 800 watt rms monoblock. But I wired up everything and as soon as I connected the ground the amp popped and started smoking. Not the fuze. Then I thought maybe it was because I connected the ground side first so I tried installing the fuze last n it didn’t pop. But as soon as I started the car the amp caught on fire. I’m really confused as to why everything is labelled n I verified all the wires are where they are supposed to be.

· Registered
2,470 Posts
With as much tact as I can muster…because it’s a junk brand selling junk gear. It’s flea market crap and not worth owning…or burning your car to the ground.

Reactions: FAUEE

· Registered
2,470 Posts
What part of its a junk brand are you missing? It’s trash. Everything they make is trash. Try to warranty it and get your money back and buy something that’s not trash.

· Premium Member
3,520 Posts
If you checked your install and made sure it was 100% not your fault then who cares? Not meaning to come off as rude. All brands will have a bad unit among 100 pieces etc. Either exchange it or buy a brand who is known to have better quality.

Reactions: FAUEE

· Registered
1,853 Posts
Companies like Skar don't pay for virtually any QC. Better brands will catch stuff before it leaves that's bad. But that costs money. When you're just flooding azon with cheap junk, you don't pay money for that, you just swap the bad ones out "for customer service".

· Premium Member
3,520 Posts

· Premium Member
3,520 Posts
1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.