DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for awhile now for a 5 or 6 channel amp to power a set of a/d/s px tweeters, 344is 4" mids and either a pair of 8" or 10" shallow subs. The Zapco DC 650.6 is always out there and is the cheapest option now because it has everything I need all in one package. Then there is the Audison LRx 6.9 which is similar in output to the 650.6 but no processor so I would get a BitOne to go with that making the combo significantly more expensive than the 650.6. Then for just a little bit more I can go with an LRx 5.1k. Tons of power there and maybe even too much for 4" mids and 8" subs.

I really prefer to go with the BitOne over the DC ref for processing but the price of the DC keeps putting it back in contention. I would be paying about 50% more to go with the Audison combo. Then if I do go Audison, do I go for more power or stick with the 6.9. I know, I know. Headroom is always good and there's no suck thing as too much power. Since the cost to go with the 5.1k over the 6.9 is minimal, my only question is, can you have too much power?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
can you have too much power?

No. Its good to have headroom. Distortion when you push an amp is bad for the amp and especially bad for the drivers. I have heard the Audison and its a very clean amp; a very nice all in one solution.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope, not in my experience :)

Weigh out the pros and cons of each setup, it can go both ways. This is really a personal choice for you and whats most important in your install
No. Its good to have headroom. Distortion when you push an amp is bad for the amp and especially bad for the drivers. I have heard the Audison and its a very clean amp; a very nice all in one solution.
Okay, so it looks like there's no sense considering the 6.9. So I'm between Zapco 650.6 or Audison LRx 5.1k + BitOne. Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
453 Posts
The upcoming Zed 6 channel is something I'm keeping an eye on. Here is a link... ZED AUDIO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.