DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ti2 1600.5 crossovers are non defeatable and i'll be using my dsp so i have a few questions.
As i understand it my tweeters say will be hpf at 2k so if i put my amps hpf at 20hz and use a 2k hpf from the dsp nothing above 2k will be cut and from 2k to 20hz it will be only the dsps slope and below 20hz will be both dsps slope and amps. Is that right?
And how about phase?

·
Registered
182 Posts
If your numbers contain no typos then the amp crossover will not affect the signal to the tweeters in any way. Phase? Controlled by the DSP slope you select in relation to the mid.

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
Yes, just set your crossovers at the minimum compared to your HPF and maximum compared to your LPF at the DSP. For instance, even if you used a shallow 1st order, 6 dB slope at 2 kHz, you'll be down something like 39 dB @ 20 Hz. At a 4th order, 24 dB slope you'll be down a theoretical 156 dB. I'd say you've got nothing to worry about. ;)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok kewl yeh I will most likely have my tweeter at around 2k 24db slope, so I put my amp at 20hz highpass. On the mids the lowest hpf is 40hz on the amp and my mids will be 80hz hpf 24db slope and lpf 2khz 24db slope on dsp so the way I see it 80hz to 40hz slope is 24db and 40hz down its 24db plus watever the amp is I think 12db I'll have to check
on amp highest lpf for sub is 300hz on the dsp I'll have it at 80hz lpf 24db slope so that will be a 24db slope until 300hz and then plus watever amp is
if this is right then I think I understand it

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
That is pretty much how it works. One tip, run your mids off of the "FRONT" channels and the tweeters off of the "REAR" channels of the amp. The amp puts out the same power front and rear and by doing this you'll maximize gap between DSP and amp crossovers for mids, which will be much closer than the tweeters. So, -48 dB vs -24 dB based on your estimates. On the tweeters you'll be down -136 dB vs -156 dB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.