DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Alpine 117 head with imprint and a set of Hertz HSK 165xl's with an Audison Lrx 2.25 and a Hertz HX 250 Sub.
The Lrx is doing ok with the sub but the two Soundstream d-100's (bridged) that i'm running with the comp set (passive) just seam thin.
I'm considering the Audison Srx2s.1 for the comps but the Zed Leviathan also looks nice to run the whole system. I can get the Srx 2s.1 for $440 plus tax localy and the Leviathan looks like $600 from the mfr.
What are you're experiences with the 165xl's with various amps?

Thanks for your help,
Gary

·
Registered
253 Posts
they are perfect on 150-200rms passive honestly. had mine like that and they sounded great. Hell id even say i liked them above my current Milles in some aspects.
i run my current milles active through ms8 with a 5.1k so they do sound alot better now, but when both were passive i liked the hsk165xl off that power more.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you were running 160 or 170 to the comp set with the Lrx and now you running 60 to the highs and 160 to the mids?
Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Choose the TRU billet with bi-amp!

·
Registered
284 Posts
JL 600/4, 150w a side passive, bridge other 2channels for the sub for 300w.
I have 2 Hertz 8" subs running off one channel each. You get that amp and I think you'll be more than sattisified. After all these years I'am finally happy
with my system.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Carver50.
I'm looking for something primarily to push my mid's and tweets and it sounds like you use the amp for Subs. Is your amp the HD model and have you tried it with hungry comps?

If anyone has experience with the Hsk 165xl's that would really help to shine some light on the matter.

Thanks again,
G

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks Carver50.
I'm looking for something primarily to push my mid's and tweets and it sounds like you use the amp for Subs. Is your amp the HD model and have you tried it with hungry comps?

If anyone has experience with the Hsk 165xl's that would really help to shine some light on the matter.

Thanks again,
G
I use this amp for the comps and the subs. 150w per side for the comps and
150w to each sub. If you run 1 sub, you can bridge 2 channels for 300w for your sub. Yes it is the HD, I should have been more clear, sorry for the confusion. Loud, clean, and natural. Ofcourse a good install makes all the difference in the world.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone out there with experience using the 165xl's.
I would love to hear what works well with them.
My budget is $600 or less (new or gently used).
G

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm running my hertz 165 xl semi active. I have a lrx 6.9 amp pushing 70w to tweeter through the xover just for safety. 70w to the woofer and the bridged 2 channels for a 280w to a eclipse 10" sub. It sounds amazing.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm running my hertz 165 xl semi active. I have a lrx 6.9 amp pushing 70w to tweeter through the xover just for safety. 70w to the woofer and the bridged 2 channels for a 280w to a eclipse 10" sub. It sounds amazing.
Thanks Simon,
I've decided to go with the Audison Srx 2s with 180watts RMS to the xl's passive. Has anyone had good results with the tweets mounted off axis?
I have a 98 BMW 540 and the 28m tweets won't fit in the sails. It sounds ok but hopefully the increased power will make them come alive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts