DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'd like to as for your advice on what amplifer to match whit a Morel Elate 6.3 (or 9.3 if the installer can fit it on a Passat 3C door...)

I read some were that they are watt hungry... someone reccomends 200 minimum to moove them... (note: 200W the continuosu Power Handling they are rated for...)

Do you think it is true? Looking at the mesurements the sensitivity is a higish 91.37dB and the impedence stay between 5 and 20 ohm so they shoudn't sink that much current... but the ears mometimes tells more trout tham mesurements...

So, all i all what amplifer would you reccomend (old school wellcome) whit a budget of max 800-900 USD ?

Thanks
Dardo

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
DLS RA20 for starters. I think they are aesily obtained in your part if the globe. Only 100/channel, but I've got to believe it will drive those speakers well

As far as american made- Arc is hard to beat. The SE series put out tons of power at a price. The KS series does a great job of cost/quality/performance balance. The KS 300.2 will give you 2 x 180 and the KS 300.4 bridged will be 350 x 2; both rated at 4ohms.

The new Zed amplifiers are an option as well- search Leviathan and Kronos

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DLS RA20 for starters. I think they are aesily obtained in your part if the globe. Only 100/channel, but I've got to believe it will drive those speakers well

As far as american made- Arc is hard to beat. The SE series put out tons of power at a price. The KS series does a great job of cost/quality/performance balance. The KS 300.2 will give you 2 x 180 and the KS 300.4 bridged will be 350 x 2; both rated at 4ohms.

The new Zed amplifiers are an option as well- search Leviathan and Kronos
Hi thanks for the replay!
How do these compare to an old school Phoenix gold? (MS2125 for instance) are them on the same league?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts