DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was looking into an amp to power my Fi Q 18 and I came across this one which was in my price range...

It looks to me like you cant beat it for the price?

Would anyone advise me to not get this amp? Why?Why not?

Sure I assume its not exactly true power ratings, but then again for the q I only need about 1000 rms at 2 ohms.

I am eager to see what people say about this one.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone???? Im about to just splurge on this one pretty soon as Id like to get my setup working before I go back to school......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For one, Id rather have just one amp, because of wiring issues and I dont have a distribution block.

I just ordered the kx1-4000d amp by kole audio yesterday.

Im sure it will be fine

·
Registered
840 Posts
If they make rated power, these amps would be a steal.
Judging by the other Kole amps on ampguts, they may do rated power at 18V, but expect about 50-60% rated output real world.

I prefer regulated power supplies myself, but seriously, the Kicker 1200.1 can be had refurb for 250ish on eBay, or the Lanzar Opti 2000 can be had for 350ish at the lanzar site (or elsewhere) fefurb and new that'll do an honest 1600W.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'm looking for a small Class D that will do [email protected] The Kole says 900, so I figured 700 might be more realistic. I may just spend the extra $30 and get a HiFonics amp though. They seem to have a better reputation than Kole.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts