DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im finishing off my celica build has made me crazy! I cant decide who makes a solid amp thats 2500x1 @ 2 ohms. I cant decide between Rockford Fosgate t40001bd, Orion HCCA-50001, and possibly ARC SE 4000. Ive been to lots of forums and there's lots of information but no consensus. Can someone make a sugestion.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Of those, I like the Arc. It's more unique.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well my budget is $1500 but i could go up to $2000 tops realistically. Arc would be nice but that sure is a pretty penny

·
Registered
311 Posts
I would go with a zapco 9.0 then. Best sub amp period, IMO

Small, great company and SUPER amp

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i read the zapco runs at two ohms only. this is powering a dual voice coil 2 ohm sub(audiopulse axis) so the amps going to see 1 or 4 ohms

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So is the 9.0x the four ohm bridged amp and and the 9.0xd is the two ohm bridged amp? sorry if its a stupid question i just dont need a amp that doesnt work with my sublol.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Soundmagus X3200

3000w RMS @ 2 ohms

14.8" x 9" x 4.2"

This is the amp I was going to buy when I wanted 1500 watts @ 4 ohms. It's two amps stacked in a common heat sink, so the footprint is extremely small for the power. This company does a lot of OEM work, and the same amp is sold in the US but not in the stacked form.

You have to order it as a sample direct from the distributor, but it can be had for a small fraction of your budget.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well they are all different wattages

The JBL is HUGE and I MEAN HUGE

Zapco is 2200
JBL is 3000
Arc is 4000

All differnt watts, so just choose one that matches your subs

Zapco is smallest and has tons of balls, considered by most and even me to be the best sub amp.

All the amps you mentioned are great amps, cant go wrong with any of them

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Best sounding of all of them would be the ARC 4000 SE as it is Class A/B output section, second would be the Zapco 9.0. If SQ has any priority I would suggest you stick with these two or options for a single amplifier solution.

Eric

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Where can a person go to get the soundmagus amps? they have some interesting stuff on their site but it looks like they are overseas

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
I second the 4000SE. Also, the 4000SE is the only one that'll make rated power at 12V. Which is kind of a big deal with amps this large.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts