DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive lurked it for awhile here this is my first post. looking for some advice, I know its been mulled over a bit here but im looking at doing a new install.
Im going to be running Rainbow Van's 3 way
tweets on soundstream A50 original
Midrange SS D100 original
Midbass LP 952
Sub LP 1001sw 2xblues Bl10 4 ohm "10 subs" sealed in parallel @ 2 ohm
Linear power X03 modded
3 way in doors of f150 single cab semi stealth install
Any input is appreciated

Im mostly concerned if its going to be enough power ive never run those soundstreams so Im wondering what they will do at 14.4-14.8V
I have nice clean power going to them with the car off im still at 14.4V

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh and there rated at
ss A50 25x2 4ohm
ss D100 50x2 4ohm
LP 952 50x2
LP 1001sw 200x1 2ohm

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
do you already own them? If so fire it up and see what you think...

If not...it sounds a little thin on the power to me...especially the midbass and sub.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea thats what I was thinking, I do own them but I dont want to start the install until I know for sure what ill be running. I want to keep it as small as possible for install reasons.
The LP 952 will do about 80 watts x2 real power and the 1001 about 300 or so....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone recommend a better set up I might have to get a new sub amp I want to go linear power probably or soundstream to keep the install with just two brands.
Lp 2202?
SS D200?

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
its always a tough call...i have run the D100ii to power many many sets of comps...and never once thought it was lacking power.

what kind of box for the subs?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ive lurked it for awhile here this is my first post. looking for some advice, I know its been mulled over a bit here but im looking at doing a new install.
Im going to be running Rainbow Van's 3 way
tweets on soundstream A50 original
Midrange SS D100 original
Midbass LP 952
Linear power X03 modded
3 way in doors of f150 single cab semi stealth install
Any input is appreciated

Im mostly concerned if its going to be enough power ive never run those soundstreams so Im wondering what they will do at 14.4-14.8V
I have nice clean power going to them with the car off im still at 14.4V
Hmmm ... Interesting setup Sir

·
Registered
285 Posts
Midbass LP 952
Linear power X03 modded
Are those the new drivers from Blues Car Audio ??
Also, Do you want a minty modified PA2 Audiopath to go with that X03 ??
If so, I have one avialiable !!! Great deal !!!

Also, if you don't mind me asking ... Have you heard the blues components ??

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
Are those the new drivers from Blues Car Audio ??
Also, Do you want a minty modified PA2 Audiopath to go with that X03 ??
If so, I have one avialiable !!! Great deal !!!

Also, if you don't mind me asking ... Have you heard the blues components ??
I would love to hear the new Blues speakers. Had a set of BL10 and BL6.5 in the 90s. No way I would pay what LP charges for them though, lol. $200 more for a 10" sub than what it cost 20 years ago? dont think so.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
The power amps put out today have muddied our perseption on what is enough power. I say go for it, you might be surprised.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
The power amps put out today have muddied our perseption on what is enough power. I say go for it, you might be surprised.
that is for sure! I had 2 10" BL10 in 5cuft ported box and it sounded fantastic! only had 180 watts to them both and it still hit better than 130db in the car. that should be enough for anyone unless you are just out for pure SPL, in which case you wouldnt use an SQ sub like the blues in the first place, lol.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would love to hear the new Blues speakers. Had a set of BL10 and BL6.5 in the 90s. No way I would pay what LP charges for them though, lol. $200 more for a 10" sub than what it cost 20 years ago? dont think so.
There will be a few demo trucks in Florence, Al on the 27th ...
and I know there will be a full crew at World Finals in October ...

I will be glad to demo mine

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey cable guy I might be interested. Ive never purchased anything through this site...
How much?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey cable guy I might be interested. Ive never purchased anything through this site...
How much?
Asking 350.00 plus shipping for it ...
Ray at Linear Power has it at his office and will give you all of the info on it and take care of the transactions for me.
Look on Linear Power Inc. - For The Love Of Music and call or email Ray about it and tell him that Randal sent you for the PA2 ..

Thank you Sir !!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.