DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading many of the threads, the general consensus is to use relays when connecting multiple remote outs. I know some will daisy chain, but I want to be safe.

That said, after reading all the info on the AMP Pro, the remote out on the amp pro specifically states
"The remote output is rated at 2A of current. If more current is needed, an external relay must be used."
While I realize the statement supports a lot of whats been said here, since I am only doing this for 2 Amplifiers - XD 600/6v2 & RD 500/1 - Would they draw more than 2A if daisy chaining the remote wire? Is this one of those cases where its ok to daisy chain given the AMP Pro provides 2A?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Read Only
327 Posts
What is unsafe about daisy-chaining? You're creating a problem that doesn't exist.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm not sure the logic-level circuits of the boards would even pull a quarter of an amp.

·
Registered
515 Posts
No need for a relay for what you are doing. Hell, I don't even daisy-chain - I just run the remote turn-on wire directly to multiple pieces of equipment. My AmpPro4 turns on my Helix and my Helix turns on my XD600/6v2 amp, the Helix wifi adapter and my under-seat subwoofer - all with separate, direct wiring (directly from Helix to each device - not daisy-chained). No issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a dsp and 5 amps in my car and I use the head unit turn on lead to trigger a relay. Well, that’s how the shop installed it. That relay went bad after 2 years, it was super fun to pull the amp rack out and replace the relay... Even with 5 amps and a dsp I bet the 5 amps could have all been fed from the dsp remote turn on output.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Did you Daisy chain the remote wire from one another to another or split the remote wire before the Amps to turn both on?
Yes, both turn on leads for the amps are in parallel from the same lead/wire. One is a JL slash and the other is an older Rockford Punch. Like I said, zero turn-on issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts