DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
What's the amp doing or not doing correctly? I'd support Ricky even though I repair my own amps in SoCal. He does great work and an overall great honest guy.
It just pops fuses and won't work anytime power is applied.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
might be lighting, but the top of the board where the speaker traces pass looks to have damaged the board by swelling, it may be more extensive a repair than first glance.
There is a slight bit of discoloration/swelling there. Who knows. I'm going to send it to Ricky and he can hopefully fix it and then I'll sell it.

Hopefully I can get enough to fund some of my new project.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
There is a slight bit of discoloration/swelling there. Who knows. I'm going to send it to Ricky and he can hopefully fix it and then I'll sell it.

Hopefully I can get enough to fund some of my new project.
Got it today and since I was placing an order for other amps I had ready to finish I decided to crack it open and take a look at it.

Found that one of the power supplies failed due to a channel being blown. Order the components and repaired it in order to clear up space for other amps :D:D

Tested it and got way more than 5w per ch :laugh: I won't say unless OP/owner says its okay. Also took pics...I'll post them as well when I upload them to photobucket.

·
Registered
18,410 Posts
Got it today and since I was placing an order for other amps I had ready to finish I decided to crack it open and take a look at it.

Found that one of the power supplies failed due to a channel being blown. Order the components and repaired it in order to clear up space for other amps :D:D

Tested it and got way more than 5w per ch :laugh: I won't say unless OP/owner says its okay. Also took pics...I'll post them as well when I upload them to photobucket.
owner please give him permission.. i really want to know how much power zuki's put out

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
He can say. I don't care about Zuki's weird way of stating power.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I got 95watts RMS per channel at 4ohms with a 60hz sine wave (pretty brutal), when I do these types of test I always place two fans right beside the amplifier (with no bottom cover to allow air to cool the inside as well as the heat sink. Also got two fans on the dummy loads).

With music I got dynamic peaks of 140watts (4ohm/per channel). Am sure it can put a bit more power @2ohm stereo, don't know if its recommended though. I am limited in dummy loads so I couldn't test it at 2ohm stereo.

Was at 62amps of current with the sine wave test and 12.99v.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts