DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm replacing some old 6.5" speakers in my boat with 2 new Kicker 6.5" (bow seating) and 2 Kicker 8" (main cockpit). The 6'5's are 75w and the 8's are 150w, what is the right amp to drive that combo with a 175 w sub?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was hoping to stay around $500. Refurbished is Ok with me as long as it comes from a reputable vendor.

·
Registered
401 Posts
An Mmats 6150D would be great for this. They make a marine version as well. Of course, it’s a bit over your stated budget but it might be worth a call to them and see what kind of price you can get for direct.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well if your looking for a marine amp, I got a bunch hanging around... I have 2 Kicker KXM400.2's BNIB and I have a Wetsounds SYN-DX4, all well within your budget....[/QUOTThe

The Wetsounds SYN-DX4 would definite work the 4 Kicker 8" speakers. What do you have for the 175w sub and the 6.5" Kickers?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
An Mmats 6150D would be great for this. They make a marine version as well. Of course, it’s a bit over your stated budget but it might be worth a call to them and see what kind of price you can get for direct.
Yes, the Mmats is a great amp but clearly out of my of my budget. Would really like to have that unit on my boat!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts