DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I am getting static everytime I apply brakes. I have RCAs running from my 4 channel output to my Mono block due to having a factory HU. I noticed that when I disconnect the RCAs to the monoblock the sound goes. My ground is fine, so my question is do you think my Amp is faulty?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, no I haven't changed my factory grounds because I have no clue where they are hah

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
What type of ABS brakes does it have?

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
It was a rhetorical question...

But with that you probbaly can work out that the CAN bus signal maybe near the RCAs, or somehow that could be involved.

Howsit?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Howsit! 😁

I am going rerun the RCAs and see if that helps. Thank you for the feedback!

·
Registered
20 Posts
so i’m assuming you’re using a line out converter or a sound processor since you said you have the factory head unit?If so which model specifically are you using? Make sure you tapped into the correct speaker wires

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I have a line out converter which is fine because it was installed by a sound audio company. as soon as I added the monoblock the noise started. I have changed my ground to different locations, moved the RCAs away from the power cable but no luck, it's super frustrating

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
Yes I have a line out converter which is fine because it was installed by a sound audio company. as soon as I added the monoblock the noise started. I have changed my ground to different locations, moved the RCAs away from the power cable but no luck, it's super frustrating
Have you tried running the power and ground from the monoblock back to where the 4-channel is?
(That could perhaps tell if it is a ground loop issue that only appeared when the monoblock was added.)

[email protected]

Reactions: DoubleCrown

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just because it was installed by a “sound company” doesn’t mean it was done right. if you didn’t have the amp in at the time of the installation the company wouldn’t even have a chance to test for proper function. My suggestion is to find out what brand line out converter they used because some LOC’s have the option to have an additional ground hooked up to prevent ground noise

1 - 16 of 16 Posts