DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really have rear-interior in my car minus the side panels; so I'm looking to try to put a 4-ch amp under the dash. My only concern is will there be issues with noise interference?

If it matters, the ECU has also been relocated under the passenger's seat so I don't want to put the amp there. I could try to put it back in the original spot what is at the passenger feet area protected by a large metal plate(The ECU I'm using does not bolt-in to the original spot btw).

My other option is to put it behind the rear security compartment in a MDF or fiberglass enclosure and small fans to keep the amp vented(computer box fans hooked up to remote signal?).

·
Registered
510 Posts
I had an amp inside the dash, passenger side, of an ~'86 Ford E-250 van for four Chicago summers. No noise issues there. The amp still works 15+ years later.
Auto part Radiator

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am also thinking of fitting an amp in my dash. There is actually a ton of room in there if I remove the passenger airbag.(MKIII VW GTI) I would just get the euro upper glove box, reinforce it and mount a JL HD 900/5 in there. :) Maybe throw a couple fans in. Just to move some air. Hmmmm you got me thinking now. :)

·
18,696 Posts
as cool as it would be to hide the amp in the dash, there's no way I'd sacrifice my wife's (or any of my passenger's) life for stealth by removing the passenger airbag.
Unless, of course.. you hate all your friends and especially your wife. ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Depending on where you live, it may be illegal to remove an airbag as well as the possibility of getting sued by your passenger who didn't have it deploy. Not trying to be a party pooper, but as you get older you start thinking about these things.

Good luck with the installation.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I am also thinking of fitting an amp in my dash. There is actually a ton of room in there if I remove the passenger airbag.(MKIII VW GTI) I would just get the euro upper glove box, reinforce it and mount a JL HD 900/5 in there. :) Maybe throw a couple fans in. Just to move some air. Hmmmm you got me thinking now. :)

It is illegal to remove that airbag.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts