DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got in my Orion 250sx yesterday and it ended up going up in smoke:( The lady I bought it from refunded my money so that was nice. I decided to test my RCA's cause I had re-ran them and I thought maybe they touched something hot and possibly shorted(very slim chance, I know) but I can only get 1.6v with full volume on a 1Khz 0db test tone through my front preamps. I know my sub preouts were giving 4v at max. Being an Alpine 9887 and 4volt outputs, shouldn't it be a little higher than that?:confused:

EDIT: I was using a scope to measure with.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I had no hissing from the components I would not be concerned ;)
The amp didn't work long enough for me to be able to tell. :( I'm sure it's normal, I read another post of a guy saying the same about the preamp volts on his 9887. I can't wait until my new amp gets here.:D Although, I'm still heart broken over that 1rst gen. Orion digital reference...... it was such a nice amp.

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
If the volts in is to low then the volts out will need to be higher via gain.

Too much gain and the hissing occurs, so max your signal into your amp and keep the gain down;)

[1rst]Line drivers, turning HU up as far as it will go , etc.., then set the amp gains[2nd]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts