DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys quick question.. are the Pink Noise- 20hz thru 16khz test tunes on ampguts.com all at 0dB??

I am going to set my gain tommorrow and i just wanted to make sure they are at 0dB..

Also I only listen to rap music and i prefer SQ over SPL (70/30) so i was gonna tune my subs to anywhere around 50-65Hz what do you guys think? I know 25-35Hz would be better for rap but i want that crisp clear punch you know.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
You don't tune a sealed enclosure to a specific frequency. What you can find is the F3 point, where the response is 3dB down. Larger enclosures will generally yield more low end extension.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Sorry, guess I misunderstood what you were trying to say. When I read "i was gonna tune my subs to anywhere around 50-65Hz what do you guys think?" I took that to mean that's your tuning frequency.

But if you're just talking about playing a test tone to set your gains, any bass frequency will work, doesn't matter what. The tone frequency you play to set the gain will not effect how music sounds, so long as you set it so the amp doesn't clip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts