DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello,
my problem is that I have a mono amp hooked up to my headunit,it is connected to a low pass filter,because my headunit not have sub out.my amp also has a bass remote.now when i turn my car off,with the remote at min.all is good.but when i turn my car off with remote slightly turned up,like 25%,then after say 10 mins,my car starts vibrating like crazy,as iff bass turned up to max.just a low frequency sound,no boom boom boom.my headunit is off as this is happerning.now i have no idea what is wrong.could someone please help me.
thanks in advance
blrdy

edit:
headunit is a rns 510 navi in a vw eos 2007.
amp is a Crunch - GPX-2200.1D hooked up to 2x clarion wg3020 subs,4 ohm bridged to 2 ohm.
low pass filter is a ESX ISC4 high to low connected to the left and right rear speakers.
hope that helps,
blrdy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can you give us some more info like make, model, year of car, which head unit you are using, amp, sub etc. If I had to guess given the info you provided so far, it sounds like an ANC (active noise cancellation) issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's odd that this is happening when the car is off after 10 mins. When it happens, how long does the noise last? Does your car come with ANC?

Not sure if this is manufacturer specific but maybe some VW owners can chime in here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it lasts till battery dead.it used to do it just for a few seconds.but now it does till battery dead.
not sure if car has noise cancelation or not

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
What are you using as a remote wire into the amplifier?

Is it on switched power?

·
Registered
563 Posts
What are you using as a remote wire into the amplifier?

Is it on switched power?
It has to be on constant power. Otherwise the amp would turn off. OP needs to focus on this. If you currently have a wire running back as your remote turn on, then it is wired incorrectly. You need to use the accessory/ignition switch wire.

It looks like your LoC has support for a remote turn on wire based off if signal is sensed on the speaker wire. Do you have the REM+ wire from the ISC4 connected to the amp? If so, you are getting noise on your speaker line for some reason that is making the ISC4 keep your amp on. In this case best solution would be to run wire from your ignition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the remote wire comes from high low pass,the remote came with the amp.the amp turns off after 5 mins after locking car.

·
Registered
563 Posts
You are contradicting yourself so hard to understand what is going on.

First you say after about 10 mins your car starts shaking. I'd assume you mean shaking from a bass signal coming out of your sub. But then you just said your amp turns off after 5 minutes of locking the car. If your sub is playing, your amp is not off.

Sounds like in your setup the ESX ISC4 remote turn on will not work. It would be best to run a wire from your accessory/ignition wire so amp will turn off when your car is off.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yes. If you connect the the accessory/ignition cable, then your amp will turn off whenever your car is off. But test with a voltmeter that the wire you use says near 0 volts when car is off and 12v when car is on.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Another point, if your car is a push to start and not a key, then remember that the 12v may not be cut from the ignition wire for x minutes or until you open and close the door, etc. However your model may work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts