DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ,

My components are 150rms/channel. Can anyone please suggest me a good amplifier for them.

These are my components

I am running them active so 4 channel is a must.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That list of amps is as long as your arm. What is your budget? Are there any size restrictions due to install location? Are there any other speakers or amplifiers already installed or going to be installed?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can spend 300 bucks. There are no size restrictions. A mono amp is already installed for the sub. I just cant seem to find 150rms/4 channel amp. Also is it nessecary to have that amount of rms for the components?

·
Registered
66 Posts
No, that much power is not absolutely necessary. It'l probably be cheaper to get two 2-channel amps or two smaller bridged 4-channel amps.

You'll need to balance quality versus bigger numbers/spl when choosing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Like Vettefiend said, there are just so many possibilities. I'm not sure what's available to you in Spain either. Maybe pick a couple and ask for advice between them?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys ! Right now i am running them with a 50rms/channel sony japanese amp. They work great but i thought maybe i can get more out of them if i give them more rms.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sony Japan amps which model ? xm-5040? Try this, look for another Sony Japan XM-3020, 2020, 4020, for the tweeters Can probably grab one cheap. Then bridge the 4 channel on the woofers.
The 50w Sony is probably close to 70w and bridging it will get you +3db. About the same as a 150w amp. You don’t need that much power for the tweeters. I like those old Sony Japans.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hmm! Yes, not sure, specs say 4/3 channel. At the bottom of the user manual they show both channels bridged 4ohm load. Confusing?. Wonder if you tried to bridge if it woukd go into protect mode over current if it wasn’t meant to be. I am not suggesting try it, cause I don’t know, and would suck to be out of tunes if something failed.The 504z was made in China. The latest Sony I have used is the XM-2150gsx. That is 150x2 and another good amp that can be found cheap. If space is not an issue could grab a 2 channel for the woofers and use the 504 on the tweeters. Again, 150w on tweeters is a waste IMO.
Here’s the manual

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you are advising me to run tweeters as they are already running and bridge the mid bass drivers on the same amp?

·
Registered
339 Posts
So you are advising me to run tweeters as they are already running and bridge the mid bass drivers on the same amp?
Absolutely Not

1. bridge the 504z on the woofers( if it can be) and purchase a two channel amp for tweeters

2. Run tweeters on 2 of the 4 channels on the 504z, leaving 2 channels not used. Purchase a 2 channel amp (2x150w) for the woofers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts