DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Amplifier recommendation

943 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  hassan54000 
#1 ·
Hi guys ,

My components are 150rms/channel. Can anyone please suggest me a good amplifier for them.

These are my components

I am running them active so 4 channel is a must.

#7 ·
Sony Japan amps which model ? xm-5040? Try this, look for another Sony Japan XM-3020, 2020, 4020, for the tweeters Can probably grab one cheap. Then bridge the 4 channel on the woofers.
The 50w Sony is probably close to 70w and bridging it will get you +3db. About the same as a 150w amp. You don’t need that much power for the tweeters. I like those old Sony Japans.

#9 ·
Hmm! Yes, not sure, specs say 4/3 channel. At the bottom of the user manual they show both channels bridged 4ohm load. Confusing?. Wonder if you tried to bridge if it woukd go into protect mode over current if it wasn’t meant to be. I am not suggesting try it, cause I don’t know, and would suck to be out of tunes if something failed.The 504z was made in China. The latest Sony I have used is the XM-2150gsx. That is 150x2 and another good amp that can be found cheap. If space is not an issue could grab a 2 channel for the woofers and use the 504 on the tweeters. Again, 150w on tweeters is a waste IMO.
Here’s the manual

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.