DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Zed Draconia-II which I purchased in July and had installed. The amp was installed by a local reputable installer and was working fine until my return from visiting the family for Thanksgiving. Mid-song, I noticed the bass started to cut out for a second and then I lost all 4 channels (front comps and sub). I assumed protection had kicked in as it possibly overheated (even though I had only been 2 hours into my drive).

After several hours passed and I finally returned home, still no sound. The ZED LED on the amp is lit but is not flashing. What's odd is that I've had the sub channels (wired to a 12 SSA DCON) go into protect before but not all 4 channels.

I've checked the speaker connections and the in line fuse and no issues that I can see. When I moved the amp a little, the clipping indicators flickered. Today, when I went to the grocery store, I pulled out of a parking lot that had an incline and dip and got a short sound return to the front comps but only briefly.

Does this warrant a call to Zed for a warranty repair return? Or, should I have the installer check everything out still? Per the manual, if there was another system problem other than what I've checked, the clipping indicator lights would be lit or the LED would be flashing.

Thanks in advance for reviewing and any assistance is appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also wanted to add that I hooked up my Iphone to the amp and I get no sound from any of the outputs. Does this further support my theory that the amp needs repair?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Sounds like a wiring problem.
A short somewhere maybe check all the wires all the way up to the speaker connections.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts