DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
18,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find a small 4-channel amp that gives out at least 100w x 4 to fit under the passenger's seat in a civic. I know a PDX will. Any others? I don't really know where to start looking and figured it'd be quicker if I asked.

Budget is low which is why I"m looking around instead of just buying the pdx (in other words: no JL HD amp).

·
Registered
806 Posts
Wasn't there a new Sony amp that's really tiny?

It would be low cost at least....

·
18,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
365 Posts
JL Audio HD. Expensive as hell though.

·
Registered
465 Posts
JL Audio HD. Expensive as hell though.
not to be rude but did you even read the post?
What about the old school rockford 200.4, not a new amp but you could pick one up for under $100 and they are small espically without the endcaps (although they do help with cooling)
IF nothing else you can buy my helix its tiny :D

·
18,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
18,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's not a bad idea, BUT, then I'd have to get a distro block and have 2 separate grounds.

EDIT: nevermind. Was thinking this would have 2 sets of gains, but it doesn't. It would be nice to have a separate gain for each speaker for level matching, but this doesn't. Think I'll skip on the idea of 2 2-channels.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
^ it's Arc... I can't imagine the cost...
You're right. I just checked woofers etc and they are $329.99
:blush:
You may as well grab the JL at that point...
:confused:

·
18,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
or not spend that much at all. :confused:

;)

FWIW I can get the 4.150 for about $380 shipped BNIB. 4.100 for 280 shipped BNIB. I may go one of those routes, but I've got a while to cruise the classifieds, too.

·
Super Moderator
3,048 Posts
Soundstream MC300 is 14.5"x9.25" and has independent gains for each channel. Only 75x4 but they have more balls than a lot of other similarly rated amps I've used.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Soundstream MC300 is 14.5"x9.25" and has independent gains for each channel. Only 75x4 but they have more balls than a lot of other similarly rated amps I've used.
mmmm mc300, but dont think I would consider it small. I know that if fits the dims that he listed, great call

·
Registered
365 Posts
not to be rude but did you even read the post?
What about the old school rockford 200.4, not a new amp but you could pick one up for under $100 and they are small espically without the endcaps (although they do help with cooling)
IF nothing else you can buy my helix its tiny :D
Yep, you're rude. I thought I'd read the post, I missed the part about the HD. I'd just like to have a pair of them myself, and can't get over how ridiculously expensive they are.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.