DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated in the title I turn my car off the DSP (DM 810) turns off but the LC 6.1200 and my monoblock stay powered on. I just got everything hooked up last night and playing for the first time so there is still a lot I have to do. I’ve never used a DSP before so it might be a setting in there?

I have a trickle charger on the battery right now for overnight at home. Would the idle draw of 2 amps be enough to kill a battery overnight?

If anyone has an answer it would be greatly appreciated!!!

· Registered
1,389 Posts
Are you using the 810 remote turn on output to the amps?

The dm-810 has an auto sense feature that will tell the amps to come on when it detects audio signal on the rca input cables. You can turn that off via jumper and see if it fixes the problem.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you using the 810 remote turn on output to the amps?

The dm-810 has an auto sense feature that will tell the amps to come on when it detects audio signal on the rca input cables. You can turn that off via jumper and see if it fixes the problem.
Yes I am using the remote turn on output from the 810. On the website it says that they are only on with the unit. So when the power goes off I assumed it would stop the signal.

I’ll check that jumper and report. Thank you for the quick response

· Registered
8,024 Posts
As stated in the title I turn my car off the DSP (DM 810) turns off but the LC 6.1200 and my monoblock stay powered on. I just got everything hooked up last night and playing for the first time so there is still a lot I have to do. I’ve never used a DSP before so it might be a setting in there?

I have a trickle charger on the battery right now for overnight at home. Would the idle draw of 2 amps be enough to kill a battery overnight?

If anyone has an answer it would be greatly appreciated!!!
Yes, a sustained 2 amp draw overnight would be bad for your battery. I'd keep the charger on it for the time being, and periodically check voltage if you can.

· Registered
1,389 Posts
Also I guess check to make sure you didn’t accidentally swap b+ to the remote in. Easiest temp solution is probably to just unplug the power connector overnight and plug it back in when you have time to troubleshoot…

· Registered
55 Posts
This happened to me 2 days ago, also with Audiocontrol DSP and amp. My sub amp's (LC1.800) fan wouldn't power down despite car being off for a while. I left it for a few hours, checked and the fan was still on. Turning on the car did nothing, no lights on the amp, just cooling fan noise. I think it's a glitch. I did nothing to the system other than unplug the negative terminal on the battery, wait 5 mins, then plug it back in. All works again.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Even more weirdness. Battery got drained after sitting all night when I was away from home. After disconnecting the car from it and trickle charging it back up it seems to be fine. It did get down to 11.1 v and it still turned the car on. So hopefully no lasting damage to battery from that.

I figured out how to turn the mono amp off. All I had to do was disconnect the turn on lead going to the 6 channel audio control amp? And somehow that worked. Now both my mono and DSP turn off with the car but the 6 channel stays on even with no turn on wire. And GTO off on the 6 channel

As of right now I have the DSP and mono working correctly but the 6 channels stays on with no turn on lead and GTO off.

I should also say the remote wire that turns the DSP on is correct because it won’t turn on with it disconnected.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not knowing exactly what the issue was, would drive me absolutely crazy.
I took it to car audio shop near me and they just said without doing a whole look through breakdown it was probably just something on the board was burnt but it still plays. I wish I could get it properly fixed but it’ll probably cost me a few hundred that I’d rather spend elsewhere

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.