DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I am going to replace the headunit in my wifes car. I am looking at the Alpine iLX-W650 but am willing to spend a little more if there is another headunit with better sound quality or features. The only thing I care about is Android Auto, backup camera compatible, 3 sets of preouts, decent EQ and reasonably easy to use. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I put the ILX-650 in my wife's car. I am happy with it, she is loving Android Auto and the backup camera. One word of warning. There is a known problem with the rear USB. If you use the cable that came with the unit it should work just fine, but any other and it may not.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That may be the one I go with. I'm going to stop by Five Star Car Audio this afternoon and see what they have and recommend. Good to know that about the USB cable. Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up getting the Kenwood DMX706S because it had the 3-way xover option and I may experiment with biamping the front stage. I got it in late last night, I haven't been up past midnight installing car audio in over 25 years, and it is sooooo much better better sounding than the stock radio. The reverse function from the idatalink doesn't work but I think they mis-pinned the harness because I found the reverse wire a few nights ago and the idatalink toyo harness does not have a wire in that pin. I will get that figured out. Thanks.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I ended up getting the Kenwood DMX706S because it had the 3-way xover option and I may experiment with biamping the front stage. I got it in late last night, I haven't been up past midnight installing car audio in over 25 years, and it is sooooo much better better sounding than the stock radio. The reverse function from the idatalink doesn't work but I think they mis-pinned the harness because I found the reverse wire a few nights ago and the idatalink toyo harness does not have a wire in that pin. I will get that figured out. Thanks.
I love the crossover feature on some of the new Kenwoods. Good choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts