DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to ditch my Pyle 6.5 components and get something new. Running a Kenwood xr400-4 excleon to My ds-18 TW120B and my Pyles. Ds18 are crossed over at 5,000 Butterworth, and my plyes are bandpassed at 80(Bessel) and 5000(Butterworth). My sub jl hi wedge which is upfiring as is passed at 80 Bessel. I use a Dayton dsp, and a jbl stealth 500w for sub. I have a small 99 Hyundai Tiburon with the back seats taken out and no rear fill.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
What is your budget and what are you looking for? Many component sets have ok midbass drivers but horrible cheap tweeters that don’t measure up. The SB Acoustics SB29 Neo is a budget GEM. You might be able to pair it with your current midbass drivers.

Try using all Linkwitz Riley crossovers and bandpass the midbass 80-3k and the tweeter 3k up unless you know the fs of the tweeter than you can go as low as 1.5 times the fs. Set the LP on the subwoofer at 60Hz, not 80 and raise the sub level 15-20 db above the midbass level. Use the JBL or Audiofrog house curve to tune each driver individually and then tune all left to that curve and then match the right to the left. Make sure everything is in phase, meaning + and - are not mixed up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts