DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, I have another thread for my box build going, but ran into a problem with the driver i was going to use... so, I'm posting this here for a wider audience.. here

>>
I knew it was going to be tight... but unfortunately the SA-8 v2 isn't going to fit in here (without me building the front up a bit more--which i dont want to do).

I'm now looking at viable replacements that are a bit less deep or the circumference at the base isn't as wide as the SA8.

this is my short list, but I'm open to any suggestions. The box is about .55 cu feet sealed right now--I don't think it's possible to accommodate a port in there, every small spaced vented enclosure seems to have a port the size of a sewer drain protruding from it:

> jbl gto 804
> polk mm840 (dvc or svc - specs seems to look better on the svc)?
> hertz 200 (if I can find one)
> infinity 8" svc reference (only seem to come in svc)?

I also like the idea of the focal 21w something rather, but it seems like there would be a diminishing return from my money after the jbl/polk options

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bmiller- ill read up on it, Are they for sale now--looks like thats a preview thread?

Also, whatever I get will be powered by a 500/1 JL

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yes, they are for sale. Jacob just wanted to kind of drum up some interest for them. If that power is for 1, that would be more than enough.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah - gotcha. do you know where they ship from? if i order through ssa - or 1800woofers? would be nice to know if it has to go clear across the country or if they're closer to the east coast. wanted to finish this thing up. :)

·
Registered
840 Posts
pm Jacob (sundownz)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered one from 800woofers or whatever--but I sent an email to cancel it. Found last night that if i took off the rubber surround on the sub magnet I can get it to fit.

I know the sa8 v2 is meant to be ported (optimal) -but which will perform better in the sealed enclosure? I guess I need to model both just to see, but I can't imagine it's all that much better?

·
Registered
840 Posts
I think there is no doubt that the SD-2 will perform better in a sealed enclosure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts