DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

another amp advice thread

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  ArcL100 
Running +100W@8ohms I never had any problems running my 8's down to 33Hz at all volumes. Never clipped, nothing. Right now the way I have things hooked up theyre getting ~35W@8ohms, and man, that is just not a good idea at anything near high volumes.

-aaron

minitruck_freq said:
my ca18's are getting less than 20 watts. ive said it before and im gonna say it again......u do not need 100+ watts on your front stage. a quality 50 x 4 amp is more than adequate. for those of u that dont beleive it....u have never heard clean power.
How low do you let them go?

I've said it in a few other threads now, but I've ran my Xtant bridged and unbridged to my RS225's, and it's obvious. Now, it's a different driver, and I have them HPed@33Hz which might be dumb since the roll-off is probably way higher then that (too lazy to make a different module anyways) - but regardless, there is NO clipping, or distort, no problems AT ALL at ANY volume when it's bridged. With them getting 25-35W, I cannot go past ~65-70% volume without the amp clipping and the mids distorting BAD.

And it's clean power - I prefered the Xtant over a few other amps I tried. Maybe when Ding (ECA) is done benching my ARC 4150, I can try that on the mids and tweets running 4 channel.

I dunno, that's just my situation. :confused:

-aaron

dodgerblue said:
hey arc,the older 4150 cxlr,tested in april 02-tested at 98 wpch with 12.5v 4 ohm stereo,4 by 164 2 ohms and 2 by 328 4 ohm bridged,with 14.4 power went up 72 watts total when bridged into 2 channels ,
You have a link to that at all - wouldn't mind checking it out. That's what I have is a CXL. On the arc website they link to a pdf magazine review and it did 100Wx4@4ohm and then ~360 bridged I believe it was @1% THD.

-aaron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.