DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting a pair of the LCY 110 ribbon tweeters for my Zed Gladius w/ Burr Brown. Will I lose anything by facing them straight up from the dash and into the windshield? Or would I be better off glassing dash pods to fit into the far corners of my dash to point directly to the center between the headrests? BTW I have a very deep dash so I can get a pretty wide/deep stage even with the dashpods. I do not have any EQ'ing besides the "bass/mid/treble" built into my stock nav/headunit screen. I listen to mostly rock/metal, some rap/hip hop. Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Disturbed, Deftones, etc.

Forgot to mention, the mid/bass duty will be picked up by my Zed Deuce w/ Burr Brown and the Seas G18RNX.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
You can definitely do it either way, but without an eq it will be hard to maximize your investment here. I'd prefer the dash pods over under the dash mounting, since in my experience that causes more serious frequency response issues.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With all this money invested, if I am not happy with the end result I can easily add an EQ. Hopefully it won't be needed because I won't be competing, but not a big deal to throw in the trunk later on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts