DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got yet another problem. After doing a tune early yesterday morning I had no bass below 40hz, a huge peak at 40hz, and the driver's side was much louder than the passenger side (this was after I figured out the RCAs were flipped and retuning). I had a two hour drive home and after about an hour of messing with it I realized the MS8 volume was at -20db when it's usually at -10db since I use the HU to control volume. How is it possible that my low bass comes back and I can return the balance back to the center position when I turn the MS8 back up to -10db?

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
So I've got yet another problem. After doing a tune early yesterday morning I had no bass below 40hz, a huge peak at 40hz, and the driver's side was much louder than the passenger side (this was after I figured out the RCAs were flipped and retuning). I had a two hour drive home and after about an hour of messing with it I realized the MS8 volume was at -20db when it's usually at -10db since I use the HU to control volume. How is it possible that my low bass comes back and I can return the balance back to the center position when I turn the MS8 back up to -10db?
I've only heard this once before and a "restore factory defaults" in the system settings menu fixed it. There's no volume dependent EQ in MS-8. Sounds like a simple code glitch. I know it's a hassle to re-input all the settings, but that's most likely the fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts