DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally looking to buy one. These are the ones I am looking at. Would not mind other peoples opinions.

SMD DD1

Easysync DS1M12

Owon HDS1021M

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I am finally looking to buy one. These are the ones I am looking at. Would not mind other peoples opinions.

SMD DD1

Easysync DS1M12

Owon HDS1021M
DD-1 gets my choice, but i only use it to adjust amp's and check head unit for clipping it's easy to use and works better then some of the silla scopes out there. Silla scope can be used for other things, but not sure if that is what you need/want.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
If the portable option of these units is what you need then go for the Tenma because of the larger display.
Other wise dont waste $300 on one of them.Buy a real scope.
I own 2 hand helds (1 Tenma)and never use them.I always get out the extension cord and use a bench type.I keep 1 in my garage just for car audio.
The handheld displays dont have much resolution and the menus arent that easy to use and the batteries are always dead just when you need them.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Not all hand helds are crap. I landed a 123 for $250, and I LOVE it.

The display is very detailed, and I can always add more goodies later on.

Fluke 120 HandHeld Oscilloscopes, HandHeld Scopemeters, Portable Oscilloscope - Fluke

I use DMM almost every day, and Fluke is heads and shoulders above the rest.

I was trying to find an intermittent open in a wire last night using a blue point DMM (Snap-On) and it wasn't updating fast enough to register the open as I moved the wire around.

Grabbed a fluke DMM from support, and found the open in a few seconds.

EDIT. I just noticed the price diffrenance between the Fluke and the Tenma. If you can find the Fluke used, and in great shape I say go for it. If not, then the Tenma is 1/3 the price, and should work just fine.

That being said, you can get a bench top Temna for about 100 bucks. Thats not bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts