DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway…

I am awaiting the arrival of a pair of the Seas Lotus 6.5” (CW 17E002) for an actively controlled two-way front stage. The EQ on my CDA-7998 is not precise enough to deal with the cone break-up. That means I need the notch filter. I have read the Tech section at EAC and mostly understand everything about it. I have the schematic of the notch filter. My question is in the implementation of the filter.

For those of you who have done this, how did you incorporate the filter into your active system? Did you build the circuit on some breadboard and hookup the speaker leads to the board? Or did you just direct wire the circuit into the speaker wires themselves? Any and all help INCLUDING PICS is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
sorry, I don't follow what you mean, I have the Lotus RW165 speakers, do I need a notch filter too?

Edit, saw your thread on ECA and think i have an answer already.. :)

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
If your lotus reference or Seas excel is going in a car door, chances are you don't need a notch filter.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
npdang said:
If your lotus reference is going in a car door, chances are you don't need a notch filter.

They are. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts