DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m getting ready to install a Helix DSP.2 which has an output voltage of 6 volts. My amps are a Helix A2 (max 8 volt input), Mosconi AS100.4 (max 5 volt input) and an Arc KS300.2 (max 4 volt input). In my head I should only slightly adjust the gain on the helix (8>6) and leave the arc and Mosconi at the lowest gain setting. Then I would need to go into the software and adjust the output gain on the channels that feed the arc and Mosconi until I reach the 4 and 5 volts respectively. From there I would continue to use the output gains in the software to level match.

Questions:
Is this the correct train of thought?

How do I test/know the given output voltage of a given channel from the helix?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I’m getting ready to install a Helix DSP.2 which has an output voltage of 6 volts. My amps are a Helix A2 (max 8 volt input), Mosconi AS100.4 (max 5 volt input) and an Arc KS300.2 (max 4 volt input). In my head I should only slightly adjust the gain on the helix (8>6) and leave the arc and Mosconi at the lowest gain setting. Then I would need to go into the software and adjust the output gain on the channels that feed the arc and Mosconi until I reach the 4 and 5 volts respectively. From there I would continue to use the output gains in the software to level match.

Questions:
Is this the correct train of thought?

How do I test/know the given output voltage of a given channel from the helix?
I believe you can just set the output voltage of the DSP to the amplifier with the lowest voltage input. i.e. the 4v amp. The gain on the amplifier is adjustable so you can match the voltage correctly. You should be able to measure the voltage output of the DSP... maybe someone can chime in and say how. I have never done it myself.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Are tones helpful for this?
:confused: Actually, I am curious about this... I am kinda in the same boat. Different amps, different input voltages. One DSP and I think my outs are 8v.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts