DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting an Arc SE/Black series comp level system in the 4runner we just bought, anxiously waiting for the Arc digital processor so I can feed a digital in from a DD NAV HU. I probably know but looking for a quick answer, can I use the DEX-P9 as a temp solution?

Ok, fire away, I am being lazy and I pretty much figured out I have to use the DEX-P9 to control it, I have the pair, I just want to be able to get the system running now and not have a huge amount of work to swap later.

I could skip the DD NAV HU for now of course, that makes it pretty straight forward:)

------------

Going to be fun, I have to keep all the space possible for our Akita and Irish Wolfhound, travel gear when not towing behind an RV or pulling a trailer with the V8 4runner, etc....I have to cut out the floor under the rear passenger seat to weld in a sub enclosure and modify under the seats for two amps, if I run a 3 way setup then I have to find one more amp location, processor location, etc....

Amps are such a tight fit I am considering the KS amps but really want to run the SE, I have a brand new 2300 that I would love to use but overkill for a single 12 and way to bit to install it. I am always into stealthy installs so no roof mounts, etc.......

Speakers will be 6.0 in doors, 1.0 in pillars or 4.0 and 1.0 in kicks.

Rick

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No answers to the simple question, can the DEQ P9 be used independently, just a temp solution.....???

Or, what is the simplest, least space, Digital in, 3 way plus sub, processor that is not a pain in the arse to use I can find a decent deal on and resell later when the Arc unit comes out?

Not the MS-8, no digital in.
Not anything huge, no room to mount it.
Not anything with a huge learning curve.

Maybe I should pull out the schematics for the 8053 and figure out how to turn on the digital input, it would do the job for now, not three way plus sub but good enough:)

Rick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts