DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I'm considering buying it and was wondering if anyone had anything to say, since I just saw it in my PE catalog and was like, "oh look, that would make a good driver for my doors".

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I think I can shoehorn it in though. I'll have to measure before I order.

I want to order tomorrow so I can put them in thanksgiving break.

In case it doesn't, any other ideas for cheap drivers that will play flat good and low? The eD 7 will not fit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thread is pointless because they won't fit anyway. But I'm still trying to find a driver. I could try the 5.25 inch version.

but the Vas is .25, dosen't that mean it needs a sealed box?

I want a driver with a low Fs right? Because I want them to get as low as possbile.

And since I'm using them IB I want a high Vas right? Since that kind of corresponds to the box size and higher is closer to infinity.Is my understanding of T/S parameters really retarded here?

So the Dayton DC160-8 would be about perfect, Fs 33hz, 88dbW/m, Vas .98? Only thing is it's 8ohm and only has 3mm xmax, which seems so odd to me for something I'm looking to basically use as a subwoofer.

My search for a cheap, gnarly 6.5 inch sub/mid continues....

·
Registered
757 Posts
I'm prety much looking for the same deal, a 6.5-7" driver that will handle excessive power (200w rms or so), high output while staying clean, accurate, with low distortion. I'd only need it to play between 40hz-1khz at most.

Does this exist? lol I know they have some 8" options, but not sure on the 7" drivers.......

I know for midbass output, especially 100-500hz, the seas nextel are great, but pricey...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Okay, this has been discussed several times over at bimmerforums.com.

Some of the most knowledgeable members are saying to shoot for a Qts of .7, an Fs of 40hz or above for cone control. They didn't mention anything about Vas. Basically, you'll want a sub that demands a rediculously large sealed enclosure. I don't think there are any programs that will recommend IB.

Also, you do not want a sub that recommends a small sealed enclosure. Small sealed and IB do not mix together.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
xencloud said:
I'm prety much looking for the same deal, a 6.5-7" driver that will handle excessive power (200w rms or so), high output while staying clean, accurate, with low distortion. I'd only need it to play between 40hz-1khz at most.

Does this exist? lol I know they have some 8" options, but not sure on the 7" drivers.......

I know for midbass output, especially 100-500hz, the seas nextel are great, but pricey...

Maybe the ED Eu-700's. I don't know about getting to 1khz, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts