DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Pioneer FH-P8000BT and while the radio is great and feature packed, it doesn't play nice with my iPhone. I want a radio that'll work with my phone like the Pioneer should. Are there any that do this? I really don't want a DVD or touchscreen. That's what drew me to the Pioneer but it sucks with my phone. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Any of the new pioneers I know work with the Iphone 4 IE. 2300dvd, 3300bt, 4300dvd, avicx930bt, avicz130bt, and lastly the AppRadio which is lacking in a lot of areas just my opinion...I belive that some of last years model Pioneers worked with Iphone 4 as well....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All of those are DVD units which I don't really want. Looking for a CD piece.

·
jtaudioacc
1,952 Posts
I just got a Pioneer FH-P8000BT and while the radio is great and feature packed, it doesn't play nice with my iPhone. I want a radio that'll work with my phone like the Pioneer should. Are there any that do this? I really don't want a DVD or touchscreen. That's what drew me to the Pioneer but it sucks with my phone. Any suggestions?
that unit carried over a couple years. might be 3 years old now. definitely all the new ones work with the iPhone.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that unit carried over a couple years. might be 3 years old now. definitely all the new ones work with the iPhone.
Sucks to because if it did work with the iPhone it would be the perfect unit. Three sets of 4v, bluetooth, ipod wheel, rear USB, etc. The Clarion CX501 looks good but it has front USB which I'm not really a fan of.

·
Registered
151 Posts
my i4 works perfectly with my deh-p5100ub, and that deck is now a few years old (still looks great though :)). my friend had the fh-p8000bt in his diesel and it worked great with his 3gs and 4. idk what youre doing wrong, but as far as i know, the deck IS iPhone compatible... maybe try get it warrantied from the company you bought it from as it might be defective...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd just search and search...maybe there is a hack of some sort for it to work. a quick search showed many with the same issues. :(
I hope there is something I can figure out because I'm really in love with the radio but I love my phone more.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did a software reset on the HU and updated the software on my phone and IT WORKS! I haven't had time to mess with the Bluetooth yet plus I don't have a mic for it anyhow but via USB it works perfect. I'm very excited about this because I'm in love with this radio. Nice and simple.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
alpine 910, w404, w407.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm gunna stick with this guy now and be careful about what software I update; radio and phone. I hope I can get the bluetooth working also but if not I won't cry. I think my quest has ended.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts