DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 190 Posts

·
Slowpoke
1,350 Posts
Awesome! I'm off Sundays. I work M-F, but our office is pretty close to your shop & we typically get back in at a decent hour.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'd be down for just about any time except fri night or saturday. :( lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
So do you guys have any info on some meets coming up ? I'm in Boulder but would travel to the Springs or Denver to meet some folks into SQ car audio. I just started putting together a system and would love to see and hear what others have set up. The last car audio system I put in was way back in the early 90's. My, how things have changed !!

·
Slowpoke
1,350 Posts
Since this is slow to gain traction, I'm just going to throw out a time & place. Since nobody else is gonna do it, I'm picking something close to home to get the ball rolling. BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse - The Shops At Walnut Creek, 10446 Town Center Drive, Westminster, CO 80021 - high noon Sunday September 11. This is right off US 36 between Denver & Boulder. I've never eaten here, but it looks like they cover a good spread of tastes & there's a large lot there so we probably won't get run off in the case that we want to linger & kick tires after lunch.

If nobody writes back & says they're coming, I won't bother showing either, but if it's gonna be at least 2 of us, I'll be there for sure. Who's in?

Maybe switch this up & hit a different location & part of the Front Range every month or so?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Since this is slow to gain traction, I'm just going to throw out a time & place. Since nobody else is gonna do it, I'm picking something close to home to get the ball rolling. BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse - The Shops At Walnut Creek, 10446 Town Center Drive, Westminster, CO 80021 - high noon Sunday September 11. This is right off US 36 between Denver & Boulder. I've never eaten here, but it looks like they cover a good spread of tastes & there's a large lot there so we probably won't get run off in the case that we want to linger & kick tires after lunch.

If nobody writes back & says they're coming, I won't bother showing either, but if it's gonna be at least 2 of us, I'll be there for sure. Who's in?

Maybe switch this up & hit a different location & part of the Front Range every month or so?
Sounds cool but, I'm dropping off my truck Monday morning for a stereo install down in the Springs. Should be ready by Thurs to pick up - so next Sunday I'll actually have a stereo to listen to. :cool:
I'd much rather come with tunes.

·
Slowpoke
1,350 Posts
Fair enough. Since it's just the 2 of us so far, I think I'll just go ride my bike.

Can't wait to see what you get back from the shop - all that stuff installed in one week. :lurk: I'll bring tools :laugh:

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Nex Sunday !
I'm down , I got something to jam on

Just checked in , have plans w fam tomorrow but really want to come

Can we do 18th

I got 7 kids lol I'm not going bring any with me so I also need plan a sitter so wifey can join.

That sounds fun , we can get some brews n bites and chew the fat on car audio after a demo session :)

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
I'm good next Sunday so far. Anybody have a better idea for a venue? I pulled that one out of my ass.
That's a good place. Why not I like Wesminster.

Dave n busters on Colorado and Evans has a garage in case there's weather and they have food too. But I'm down play in rain if any.

F it lets do that one you said and risk it

·
Registered
72 Posts
I should be able to do next Sunday !!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Fair enough. Since it's just the 2 of us so far, I think I'll just go ride my bike.

Can't wait to see what you get back from the shop - all that stuff installed in one week. :lurk: I'll bring tools :laugh:
Hopefully Elite Auto Salon is up to the task !! It will prolly be a little while before everything is dialed in a functioning as I want it. I've been reading about re-tuning after break in, etc. I should have something to play on at least.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Hopefully Elite Auto Salon is up to the task !! It will prolly be a little while before everything is dialed in a functioning as I want it. I've been reading about re-tuning after break in, etc. I should have something to play on at least.
I can bring some nice tuning gear. Laptop with REW and about every DSP software imaginable

·
Registered
4,116 Posts

Sounds like a party !! 😎🤗
Heck yeah.

bring whatever usb cables you need to connect , I got the rest.
I have tuning media on usb and aux. with aux we can use periodic noise so an aux port into the system that is preferable-and I got a cable .

We won't get too lost into it. But we can definitely measure the system at the least.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Sweet! I'd like to see how a decent calibrated mic compares to the one that came with my PRS 80.
I have the prs880, 80 , and 99 and manual tuning with REW blows it away 100X over.

I have no idea what pioneer was thinking when they made the tuning algorithm.
It's like it has no midbass and the TA is usually bizarre

21 - 40 of 190 Posts