DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey guys, new to this site, would yall be willing to allow a guy from the western slope join in? Theres nothing on this side of the mountain for meets to go to

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sweet. What kind of setup will you be bringing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the moment, I have an Audi RS3 running two-way active Morel Hybrids. JL 13TW5 for the boom booms, powered by the Audison Prima series amps (AP8.9; 8 channels bridged for each of the four front speakers, and a separate mono AP1D for the sub.

I didn't do this install (had it done at Elevated Audio), but I will be planning to do an install in a 4Runner and a Porsche Cayman

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
At the moment, I have an Audi RS3 running two-way active Morel Hybrids. JL 13TW5 for the boom booms, powered by the Audison Prima series amps (AP8.9; 8 channels bridged for each of the four front speakers, and a separate mono AP1D for the sub.

I didn't do this install (had it done at Elevated Audio), but I will be planning to do an install in a 4Runner and a Porsche Cayman

Hell yea I know them well. I'll be excited to hear it! What's the plan for the 4Runner and cayman?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hell yea I know them well. I'll be excited to hear it! What's the plan for the 4Runner and cayman?

4Runner will be my "practice project" before I tackle the Cayman, using equipment I already have (exception being the head unit).

I'll be doing a double din head unit, probably the Kenwood DMX905S, going to an Audison Bit One, feeding into a Hertz HDP5. Speakers will be an old set of MB Quart components that my brother has. If those don't work for some reason, I may go Audiofrog.

Then some fiberglass practice for a subwoofer enclosure, housing a Hertz ES250.5.

And I just posted this for the Cayman: https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/system-design-help-me-choose-equipment-my-car/415121-planning-porsche-718-cayman-sq-install.html

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
4Runner will be my "practice project" before I tackle the Cayman, using equipment I already have (exception being the head unit).

I'll be doing a double din head unit, probably the Kenwood DMX905S, going to an Audison Bit One, feeding into a Hertz HDP5. Speakers will be an old set of MB Quart components that my brother has. If those don't work for some reason, I may go Audiofrog.

Then some fiberglass practice for a subwoofer enclosure, housing a Hertz ES250.5.

And I just posted this for the Cayman: https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/system-design-help-me-choose-equipment-my-car/415121-planning-porsche-718-cayman-sq-install.html

Looks like you got it nailed down. My advice read on here about sound deadening if you get that and the install part on lock your gonna be let down with the end product. Look through some peoples build threads (skizer, Porsche etc) to give you ideas on how to do stuff. Then read more and more and more and more And then more. This site is addicting.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
So far we have a few that said they would like to join.

Redlined16k

Gijoe???

Adrock??

Fischman??

Rob feature??

Clintstal??

Oabeieo??

Phroenips??

Audioman possibly

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm still planning on it. This next weekend is crunch time. But getting so close. May just have a base tune though.

81 - 100 of 190 Posts