DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

161 - 180 of 204 Posts

·
Slowpoke
1,359 Posts
I'm down to help. How does this stuff work? Judging in classes? Clement Park has everything you mentioned and they are always holding events there for various things. I know this wouldn't be some huge event, but it would be fun either way.

How many people do you think we could round up?
Sweet! Yeah, maybe a couple classes? I don't know if it makes sense to use them all as some might have only one competitor. Maybe some sort of modified class that everyone agrees on. I'm thinking it will require more resources and expertise than available to hold an actual sanctioned points event. Not only that, but some people take this stuff pretty seriously & that could take the fun right out of it. Maybe down the road if it goes over well, but I personally don't want this to get stressful.

I guess what I had in mind was a score sheet, that accounts for different aspects including RTA, imaging, install, etc. Everyone goes through the lane, gets judged, and points accumulated. Not sure what to do about awards, etc. It could be held to bragging rights or maybe even prizes. I almost want to shy away from a cash purse again to keep it as friendly as possible, but it's always nice to win something for all your hard work. I just say that about cash as we probably won't have outside judges and will be judging each other. Maybe everyone can judge each car if our numbers stay manageable. The 3 with the most points take the podium?

As far as people, maybe about what we had at the last meetup would be a solid target? We could always get more by holding an SPL & car show portion, but that complicates the venue and sort of blows the idea of making it simple. I've organized & helped out with small & larger motorcycle rallies & while the larger ones are plenty of fun for everyone, I want nothing to do with dealing with peoples' problems all day. If someone wishes to make this big, by all means, don't let my ideas get in the way. I just personally don't want to try & organize a large event. I'd certainly help, but someone else would need to take the wheel.

·
Slowpoke
1,359 Posts
I think that would be the issue. The dude I know is very very business related and I'm not sure he would be into it if there wasn't a little bit of money to be made
I'm not even sure where money could be made. Entry & door fees maybe, but there are quite a few costs to cover in a bigger event and I believe most shops who put these on do it for exposure.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I'm not even sure where money could be made. Entry & door fees maybe, but there are quite a few costs to cover in a bigger event and I believe most shops who put these on do it for exposure.

Maybe they just need the push to and for people to say hey let's do this. I'm sure they have a bunch of customers that would come. I agree about dealing with drama and people who are too competitive. I'm in this for fun not to deal with assholes and money always brings those clowns around. I'll talk to them and keep everyone in the loop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
We can do something at my store in Fort Collins , I have meters galore and all that jazz

In 2009 I was the meca rep for Colorado , it’s pretty easy to become a rep and Sanction some titles , iasca costs $$$$ but I used to be a judge in 94,,95,96 and there pretty easy to get setup with but again $$$

I’m down to do a meet up and just do demos

Heya rob how ya been man done anything to your truck lately

·
Slowpoke
1,359 Posts
Hey, been well - hope you can say the same. I see you've jumped up to the other end of the state...hope you aren't commuting from the Springs :eek:. Since you heard the truck yeah, I've made a few changes...swapped out the midwoofers for SEAS U16RCY/P, put in a ported SA 10 tuned to high 20s i/o the sealed SD10, tore everything out of the back and rebuilt the rear wall so I can kinda hotswap enclosures, did a lot more deadening, etc.

Dude that would be hella cool to have a little sound-off at your shop. Would you wanna blow it up or keep it small? Either would be pretty cool. Meetups are good too.

We did a meetup a few weeks ago - quite a bit bigger than the one we did last year. Lots of really cool cats and some nice setups with more being built.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Does anyone locally have a mic to borrow. I want to eventually get one for tuning, but will hopefully have everything installed next weekend and not sure another $100 is in the budget right at the moment. Maybe in a month or two, but other things take priority over the next few months.

Also, if anyone has experience with REW and tuning, I'd be interested in sitting down and learning. I've been playing around with the software and read through SkiZer's How To and watched his youtube video along with a bunch of others, but would be interested in learning from others with experience as well.

·
Slowpoke
1,359 Posts
You're welcome to use my UMM-6 if you want. I also have an IMM-6. Not much going on this weekend if you wanna do a little tweaking. Or you're welcome to keep one of 'em for a few days.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Does anyone locally have a mic to borrow. I want to eventually get one for tuning, but will hopefully have everything installed next weekend and not sure another $100 is in the budget right at the moment. Maybe in a month or two, but other things take priority over the next few months.

Also, if anyone has experience with REW and tuning, I'd be interested in sitting down and learning. I've been playing around with the software and read through SkiZer's How To and watched his youtube video along with a bunch of others, but would be interested in learning from others with experience as well.
Hey brother. I think you're close by if I remember correctly. I have a cross-spectrum calibrated umik-1 mic and some familiarity with REW. I am off all memorial day week and my goal was to get some tuning done on my 4Runner. I planned on trying some different tuning techniques on my build.

Maybe the wife will watch the kids to allow some time on Saturday, Sunday or Monday to meet up. Sunday and Monday look like they're shaping up to be rainy. Good time to spend in the garage tuning? What DSP are you using?

Send me a pm and let me know.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey all, wondering how everyone's rides are coming along. Any updates on getting something put together for later this year? Maybe once the heat starts to die down!

Josh

·
Registered
25 Posts
My car is together and sounding okay. I still need fix door rattles and then sit down for a proper tune. I'd love to have another event to look forward too - all my equipment was in the trunk last time!

That said. I'm going to start working weekends soon so I may have to skip :(

Someday I'll finish my build thread... I had to throw it all together in 2 weeks and couldn't keep up with documenting it all.

Paul

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
My car is together and sounding okay. I still need fix door rattles and then sit down for a proper tune. I'd love to have another event to look forward too - all my equipment was in the trunk last time!

That said. I'm going to start working weekends soon so I may have to skip :(

Someday I'll finish my build thread... I had to throw it all together in 2 weeks and couldn't keep up with documenting it all.

Paul

What is your current setup now?

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Hi Guys. Gals? I live in Grand County where I moved to bout 2 yrs ago from the South East. Car audio is still fairly popular in the Knoxville TN area where I'm from. There are a few shops in the area and it seems like most of the shop guys have been there for quite a bit. And some were still competing seriously when I was there. A shop in Clarksville TN even had classes to teach people installing techniques. Seemed like most everyone was in it to have a good time and left the attitudes, if there ever were any to begin with, at the door. Where I live there are a few large parking areas on Lake Granby where there is room for a bunch of us to meet and hang out with the awesome atmosphere of the lake and mountains. Not so sure the SPL systems would be welcome at there levels of limitations but from what I've seen the cops are on the cool side and who knows, they might want to be a part of. But if some of us got together at my place to begin with we could talk over advertising any meets of us larger than 8 to 10 people with their vehicles equipped with systems of the like where we are going to be testing them out for top performance. Anyway, I got on here earlier today to get some advice on a sound quality head unit for a 2019 Subie Outback so....just sayin :cool:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Hi Guys. Gals? I live in Grand County where I moved to bout 2 yrs ago from the South East. Car audio is still fairly popular in the Knoxville TN area where I'm from. There are a few shops in the area and it seems like most of the shop guys have been there for quite a bit. And some were still competing seriously when I was there. A shop in Clarksville TN even had classes to teach people installing techniques. Seemed like most everyone was in it to have a good time and left the attitudes, if there ever were any to begin with, at the door. Where I live there are a few large parking areas on Lake Granby where there is room for a bunch of us to meet and hang out with the awesome atmosphere of the lake and mountains. Not so sure the SPL systems would be welcome at there levels of limitations but from what I've seen the cops are on the cool side and who knows, they might want to be a part of. But if some of us got together at my place to begin with we could talk over advertising any meets of us larger than 8 to 10 people with their vehicles equipped with systems of the like where we are going to be testing them out for top performance. Anyway, I got on here earlier today to get some advice on a sound quality head unit for a 2019 Subie Outback so....just sayin :cool:

The sq group out here compared to the eastern and western side of the country is very very small. We have a few guys that regular the fourms and hang out but would be nice if it was often I agree

·
Registered
25 Posts
What is your current setup now?

currently running all the equipment in my sig thread except I have a JL HD600/4 on the front stage now.

Morel and Peerless 3 way plus a Stereo Intergrity BM mkv.

Here's some really shots from a really cheap camera phone. Yeah I cut a hole in my stock rear cover and shielded the sub with a grate from homedepot. Just a bit of aesthetic conditioning to go :]

PM if you wanna listen. It's not 100% done but it sounds pretty good for the little tuning I've put in.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
currently running all the equipment in my sig thread except I have a JL HD600/4 on the front stage now.

Morel and Peerless 3 way plus a Stereo Intergrity BM mkv.

Here's some really shots from a really cheap camera phone. Yeah I cut a hole in my stock rear cover and shielded the sub with a grate from homedepot. Just a bit of aesthetic conditioning to go :]

PM if you wanna listen. It's not 100% done but it sounds pretty good for the little tuning I've put in.

Looks good man we are going to have to set something up to all hang out again

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Looking to possibly do something Monday afternoon evening with Adrock who else would be in?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Gonna meet here at The Dam Grille here
8000 E Quincy Ave Unit 1500 Denver, CO 80237
At 530pm on Monday 11-4-19 anyone is welcome probably get a beer and jam here for a bit then maybe go get food somewhere else. Pm me for any other details or comment here

·
Slowpoke
1,359 Posts
If all goes well tomorrow, I may be able to make it over - we'll see. I'm not too far from there IIRC. Always hard to make it during the week, but maybe I'll get lucky.

161 - 180 of 204 Posts