DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Have not used the older paper cones Seas, but I like the new one CA18 and CA15RLY very much! Excellent bass output, solid construction, and good clarity for the price.

T25 Excel is good tweeter. It sits between the velvety lush sound of the scan 9500, and the more slightly forward nature of Dynaudio esotec. My only gripe is lack of air and top end sparkle.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I would suggest a quick search through the general forum. A lot has been said on the main differences. Also, good reading on the ribbon thread in the tech forum.

I'd say the biggest diff. is in the vertical dispersion, price, and efficiency (as well as plastic or aluminum chassis).

They are excellent for both on and off-axis mounting (horizontally).

·
Registered
8 Posts
the excels are BIG!!!
I doubt if you can put them in the pillars, I mean you can but,,,
I have excels on the kicks, well laying down firing up beside the kicks because I havent incorporated them yet to the kicks, because they are BIG. be prepared if you buy them

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vincent:
I already have the SEAS Excel tweeters... YES they are BIG...

I plan to put them in the kicks also. How do like the sound of the SEAS Excel tweeters ? What are you using for mid/bass drivers ?

J

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I like the Seas tweeter. Very smooth, open sounding, neutral, and powerful. However, Imho it lacks air. There's no sparkle or shimmer or space.

I use Seas w18 mids in the doors. They are the most realistic sounding drivers I've heard to date, although they may not suit everyone's taste.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
npdang:

A very basic question...

I plan to use an AudioControl DQX to actively divide the speakers.

I know with PASSIVE crossovers the impedance must be factored in; when using an electronic crossover does the IMPEDANCE need to be considred ?

Thanks,
J

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Tn_Audiophile said:
npdang:

A very basic question...

I plan to use an AudioControl DQX to actively divide the speakers.

I know with PASSIVE crossovers the impedance must be factored in; when using an electronic crossover does the IMPEDANCE need to be considred ?

Thanks,
J
It does not, because the active crossover never sees the speaker. It filters the signal before the amp, so it's not connected to the load.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.